Infused Smokables Patent

So some company called Caviar Gold has apparently filed a patent? Anyone got a link to it?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6i3eAmDwwc/?igshid=b2xfw9wltko4

1 Like

Saw this earlier, “Infused Smokable” very broad term.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why I’d like to read the patent. The company I work for has something that could potentially fall under that definition.

1 Like

I think quite a few people have products that could fall under that. I’m wondering if its marketing, cause I wouldn’t think that broad of a item/product patent would be allowed.

Yeah, there’s one in Denver that’s called Kaviar lol

1 Like

you mean like dipping hemp in distillate?

along the lines of: Got finessed on CBD .. HELP ?!?

yeah, clearly non-obvious to those skilled in the art…

3 Likes

I think the term “caviar” was meant to be bud that’s rolled in oil and dusted with kief.

Aka “Moonrocks”

:laughing: ahhhh what a good chuckle. Thank you! Yeah my man will never get a patent on “infused smokable product” you have to patent a special process or design, not a broad category of products.

@Future can we get a !RemindMe function so I can look back at posts like this and laugh again on the date they’re supposedly changing the game? It’s a function where you can get a notification a given amount of time later to remind you about the post at a certain date.

8 Likes

Yeah, but, what if he is trying to patent like 10 processes?

Patents are a really finicky thing to get. There is a whole guideline of qualifications your process or idea has to meet. “The USPTO defines patentable subject matter as any “new and useful” process, machine, manufacture or composition of matter. … The invention must be “novel,” or new.”

This guy isn’t collecting shit in 2021 and is gonna spend more on lawyers trying to collect than he’ll ever see.

3 Likes

Plus, I generally have a strong dislike for people trying to take advantage of other people in the industry, especially trying to use the same system that’s been fucking us for decades. This guy acts as if he invented infusing herbs but they’ve been doing it for thousands of years since the discovery of distilling ethanol. Then he says he’ll be collecting from everyone in the industry and putting them out of business, what a joke.

14 Likes

also couldn’t you make said patent void if you can prove you where doing the same process before they did? because references of this product type go back as far as the 60’s and 70’s.

1 Like

Oh, absolutely. @nevetS

1 Like

I’m just gonna say it dude seems like a bully, especially with the “pay or go out of business”

2 Likes

yep. that be “prior art”…

3 Likes

Take a base hemp bud already high in cbd. Lace other cannabinoids in hemp bud with desired ratios of cannabinoids by maybe rolling it in CBN distillate, Than spreading some CBG isolate on it…Infused smokable?

Dude has no idea what he is talking about, I’d be very interested to see this “patent”.

I sure hope he wastes a ton of money on this shit.

7 Likes

Exactly

How it that proprietary? Like coke/pepsi having a patent on adding ice to a glass and their pop. And no other pop company allowed to add ice in a cup.

4 Likes

I need to create a patent for drama and bullshit. I would be the richest man in the world from infringement rights. Find someone not breaking this patent and I will make them my friend.

1 Like

People who disable comments on ig are well aware what opinions might come thier way otherwise

8 Likes