Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Cbleach was a rebanded name for our T41 clay. Same product. Its definitely gray colored.

3 Likes

@Dred_pirate
Our Hybrid Scrub (Dry/Wet) suggests temps of 90c but you could try 100c and reduce total mixing time.

Heat(90-100c)
Add Adsorbent
Mix for time
Cool to ~40c
Add carrier solvent
Filter adsorbent out

We consider that the Go-To for things like carbon and clay scrubs. You can also try sonicating before filtrationā€¦seen some interesting results with that.

2 Likes

Heating butane in a closed chamber to that degree would be hard. 85-95f. I could do easily letting it rumble with the clay. I could go 120~ if needed, but wouldnā€™t that hinder my quality?

1 Like

Does the solvent the extract is dissolved in play a significant role in the adsorption efficiency?

For example butane molecules take less heat to achieve the same level of mobility than ethanol molecules as a result of the different vapor pressures of the two solvents.

Would this higher level of molecular activity allow the extract dissolved in that butane to interact with the clay particles in a more timely manner?

And if so would that translate to better bleaching efficiency when using a solvent like propane which is even more easily excited than butane?

4 Likes

Meaning that we donā€™t necessarily have to warm it up as much as we would in other applications, right?

3 Likes

Yea but Iā€™m having trouble trying to research on this subject, I dont know how to pose the question.

1 Like

Most of what Iā€™m finding about edible oils deals with adding the clay directly to the undiluted oil.

It seems like this concept would already be utilized in that industry if it did work like how I proposed.

If it worked like how im thinking then it would stand to reason that companies who extract with hydrocarbons as opposed to cold press for making their oils would do their bleaching step with the oil still dissolved in the butane and as far as I can tell none of them do that.

And they have process engineers working to make those facilities as efficient as possible, if they arenā€™t doing it theres likely a good reason.

But then again clay particles are able to be mobile in a cooking oil at room temp and you would have a hard time doing this with crude so in our situation the solvent is necessary.

3 Likes

So, Iā€™m sorry about not having done it yet. Thing that are out of my control have hindered me from performing the challenge. I am still aiming to do it. As it looks like now I will hopefully be able to perform it next week. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m aiming for. After having seen the magnesol mentioned in the clear bho thread I kinda want to try that out too. The industry moves very fast and sometimes you get caught in between. Again, it was my intention to have done the challenge already, alas I havenā€™t been able. Rest assured that it will be done though and posted here. But I have to now factor in the unknown into the equation and can not give you a definite answer as to when Iā€™ll be able to. Iā€™m trying my best and am working really hard to make this happen, but again things out of my control have affected this endeavor. Please bare with me.

2 Likes

@Renchi Youā€™re all good, nobody is rushing you brother but I will be real happy to see the results of that test.

1 Like

Thank you, brother. I greatly appreciate that. Iā€™ll post it as soon as itā€™s done. :smiley:

2 Likes

I remember seeing a video about this on you tube and thought about this process for distillate.

9 Likes

As it has been said on this thread before. This is old tech used in other industries that we need to adapt to ours. So whoever claims that they ā€œinventedā€ this tech is really laughable.

14 Likes

What is fullers earth made of?

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a gigantic fucking gap between inventing ā€œtechā€ from a scientific perspective and repurposing existing methods. Thats why doing things like trying to patent hydrocarbon extraction, distillation methods, etc is so hard to defendā€¦too much prior art.

However, you have to leave room for innovation when the previously developed methods are used on in a novel way.

2 Likes

Bentonite

1 Like

Thereā€™s other things in there than just bentonite

1 Like

If you look at the method I posted above, we take that dry scrub and add a wet filtration process at the end. Otherwise you would have the pleasure of trying to get rapidly cooling distillate to flow through filter paperā€¦

1 Like

I used b80 from oil driā€¦works flawlesslyā€¦its a fullers earth mixture

8 Likes

I feel like a dork, didnt realize you meant a scrub in butane. In my opinion/view, since solubility is greatest at a solvents boiling point you could potentially get best results filtering while the butane is heated to anything over 40F AET

2 Likes

B80 is crushed bentonite. You should do a Pepsi challenge against T5 and Achromatizing clay. When I used B80 for scrub and testing pesticide remediation it didnt do much for me.

2 Likes