Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

I don’t know if I’m going to put anything in there. I may see if the pvpp will work while I warm the solution and then flush through the other adsorbents

I’m looking to purchase one of your C.R.C.s I need it in a 6 inch connection. I can’t figure out how to DM you, if you could shoot me a dm with pricing that would be great. Cheers :beers:

I didn’t think magsil didn’t enough either

1 Like

Snacks on snacks on snacks

1 Like

Holy cow this thread has blown up… anyone figure out the combonation yet?

I think thats a resounding yes!!

2 Likes

You piqued my interest but I dont know what you meant by that, could u gonna little more in depth?

This thread R e a l l y took off :relieved::muscle:

5 Likes

@Soxhlet Wow looks amazing! Got a money shot of this run when it was finished? what combination of filter media did you use in this run?

1 Like

When I first began researching bleaching clays Pure Flow Performance 6000 was the first clay I tried. After trying other manufacturers we found out that Pure Flo wasnt the direction we wanted to go in. Performance 6000 was their best clay and only ‘performed’ about even with our current T5 product, except it was more expensive. T5 is our clay with the lowest activation level, the higher grades are not available through Pure Flo, I know because I tried to get them to make a product like our T41 to no avail.

Experimenting with alternative products is great and I encourage it, but we have been completely satisfied with the direction we chose since launching clay products into the industry in late 2016.

5 Likes

@Shadownaught Have you tried the vacuum dynamics clay bleach product?
And if so how does it perform in comparison to summit’s achromitizing clay in terms of its usage for a scrubbing clay as opposed to a filter aid?

I don’t have any experience with the clay Vacuum Dynamics offers, but I’ve seen people get some amazing results with Summit’s clay as a scrub or with a bit in the flask. @ScoobyDoobie

3 Likes

Is there carbon in the summit achromozing clay? Or is it just a similar ph to the t5, but different. It seems to pack easier and cake together.

I’m concerned about the cannabinoids adsorbtion during this. I think I have to find a way to get my solution warmer

@Renchi did you even get around to the Pepsi challenge?

If there was carbon you would likely notice, is your achromatizing clay grey like the t-41?

Nah, it’s beige.

That’s probably not a great way to tell but it’s just the first thing what comes to mind.
Last year on this forum people would talk about a product called cbleach and I think it contains carbon as well. What was the color of that cbleach product?

Side note to what we’ve been talking about with clays and their adsorbency

According to the results of this study it can be stated that carotenoids can be adsorbed on the bleaching clays more efficiently than chlorophyll. In addition, the effect of temperature on pigment removal by bleaching is much more pronounced in case of carotenoids compared to chlorophyll. Also, it has been found that bleaching of vegetable oils using Fulmont clay can yield oils of lighter color compared to other clays, while their bleaching using Tonsil ACC clay can yield oils more stable to oxidation.

5 Likes

I hear ya with what you mean.

Yea I posted a link a while back about the effect of increasing temperatures/pressures during bleaching of palm oil, and the specific pigments they discussed were carotene and lycopene.
That article was the reason I was so fixated on stalling the extraction and bleaching during the stall as opposed to just doing it inline.

But another article I posted stated that a given batch of bleaching earth may be more or less effective and that level of effectiveness isnt attributable to the composition of the clay, it also stated that the only standard way to tell if a clay will work for a given application is to test it.

Edit: that may not be true for products like tonsil that are standardized.

2 Likes