Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Do you bump the nitrogen pressure up before opening the dewax or do you open the valve to the filtration first then increase the psi?

1 Like

The latter. I open everything up then slowly apply pressure.

1 Like

Nah, actually I fill it with about 75psi and open everything up then rip open the dump valve as fast as possible. Just rips through the filters

3 Likes

So it should essentially be hitting the filter the same after dewax as at the base of the material column right? So itā€™s the cold causing the reduced flow rateā€¦ maybe like waxplug mentions pre heating the filtration media to further dry it out might help in getting it to speed up I dunno

So in your setup are you currently dewaxing inline without a stall?

With a stall. In line doesnā€™t work properly

1 Like

Maybe if you packed a decently thick layer of stainless steel wool you could spread out the precipitated waxes enough that the majority wont reach your filter column.

Iā€™ve been wanting to toy around with the idea of a pressurized dewax but I think the increased pressure will just increase the solubility of the waxes and they will just dissolve back into the solution.
But assuming that wonā€™t happen my idea for wanting to test it out is to see if I can simultaneously precipitate the waxes from solution and also use pressurized n2 to force those waxes to a more compact layer at the bottom of the solution similar to how pressure is used when growing diamonds.

2 Likes

I want to do something similar. Use a bunch of scrubbies in the chamber. Underneath in my cup have the clay and pvpp hanging out down there and then filter over celite to maintain flow. Most of the fats would be caught up top in the scrubbies. In theory

5 Likes

Sounds like a very good plan what is it your using that you calling scrubbies?

1 Like

Some sort of pre media filter aid should help in the dewax filter. Steel wool, Pro-Pak, something of that nature.

1 Like

Pro-Pak or something similar. Giving a good surface area to grab fats giving my filters a break to catch the pvpp and clay and still flow correctly. I was going to also put the pvpp and clay in the scrubbies

2 Likes

I am going to try a different blend today and see how it goes.

5 Likes

And Iā€™m trying it with frozen material

5 Likes

I think keeping back as much undesirables as possible will help the most w the right combo of courseā€¦

This will be your best move for clear imo

2 Likes

I like how I say one thing on the other post and delete it then this thread pops up. Definitely been researching us. Weve been doing this since feb last year. Keep up the hard guessing.

7 Likes

what temp is your solvent going into the material column?

That thread wasnā€™t even about this subject it just happened to get derailed.

This thread is about that and the research we have been doing to get there.

I didnā€™t know who you were until someone else mentioned you. Iā€™ve only been doing this since Thursday and I am close to getting it down. You donā€™t seem that special to me.

@Waxplug1 is actually who Iā€™m trying to mimic. Not you. Thanks for making yourself special

44 Likes

I inject at -75 with nitro assist.

7 Likes

+1000000

6 Likes

Yeah the PR Grade should be saved for pesticides if Celite, T5, DE, or this fryer Talc work.

4 Likes