Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

My set up goes as follows, bottom to top:

1 micron glass microfiber filter paper
3 micron filter paper
3 micron filter paper
celite 545 (purchased from proof33 Diatomaceous Earth (DE) Powder | Additives & Aids | Proof 33 Provisions)
T-5
Silica 60 200-400 mesh
Activated Alumina
Magnesol
Celite 545

So far I have tried this 8 times and have gotten powder thru every time… :sweat_smile:

I have followed the instructions on the DCVC video for packing.

Any body else out there using the cheap celite 545 from proof33? It was only $85 for 22.7 kilos. I am thinking that it’s not the right stuff and am going to put in an order of celite from @Killa12345 and see if it fixes my issue.

If it doesn’t then I am thinking it has to be my packing method or the types of filter stacks I am using (bizzybee/nboler style - non welded sintered discs).

1 Like

Those having issues with powders in their end product… Are you using retaining rings to prevent blow by(powders bypassing the filters completely by going around the edge)? If not, that could be an issue, otherwise it sounds like you might need to just run it empty once to wash the fines through before using it with material loaded on top.

My Celite comes from them too. Save your money bro.

6 Likes

You da man :facepunch: I’ll keep playing with the other variables and report back

1 Like

I have several customers that have either @Soxhlet or nbolers filter plates some to 5 micron. Some to 2 micron. All and I’m saying at least 10 people have no issues with powders passing.

Since day 1 I’ve been recommended those guys for a professional solution to this. The filter plates option was just a cheap solution cause no one really offered a great solution. Well now we have really good solutions.

I have some 5 micron fully welded filter plates in route but won’t be available for 3 weeks

7 Likes

If you ask me they are passing through the filters, I’m injecting at about 20-50psi max but usally right around 20psi with the recovery pump keeping pressure at around 0-5 psi in collection.

1 Like

I have a good cellite plug for 50# sacks
Lemme see what I can work out

3 Likes

For the guys getting filter media past your final filter. When you’ve taken your rig apart, take a picture of the bottom of your last filter plate/papper. This will help us diagnos the problem.

3 Likes

I’ll post one tomorrow when I’m at the shop

do u have a pic of crc?

Thats alot of unnecessary stuff… how warm are you running

1 Like

It’s probably ur retainer ring not sealing, don’t cut the paper let it wedge tight in with the ring!

I like the metal solid rings better that come w the extra plates ring combo better than the retainer ring for some reason

4 Likes

Belongs Here

1 Like

The difference between v1 and v2 is the valve, which is about $106.They both come with 2x filter plates, one is permanently welded into the column.
Do you have one of our catalogs?

1 Like

The only issues I have seen is using bentinite clay with fresh frozen material, it forms a colloid. Use magnesium silicate and silica gel 60 instead.

3 Likes

Your end product is “gelling” up or what is the colloid doing with your fresh frozen? I actually think it works better on live resin material, vs dry. Personally.

1 Like

ive only seen this when i tried to warm up the gas in my dewaxer creating pressure and fucking my whole run up.

After running cold…i tried to warm up the mixture with the powders in my dewaxer to an absolute fail!

4 Likes

We had a consult call where someone was getting clay past their homemade/ pieced together filter, granted they never bought a C.R.C from us we helped them anyway.It seems like they clays were leaking around every filter he was useing, and was worse when using fresh frozen material.Granted not all bentonite clays are not the same, that was the conclusion we reached.

2 Likes

Would there be any issues if someone doubled their filter paper in order to make there ring seat tighter.? I don’t cut my papers just shove ring over

And use these rings to make even seal

I realize after all this u might as well just buy real crc filter plate and be done w it

3 Likes

That works, lots of ways to skin cats! @cyclopath you know about the skins right!

5 Likes