Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

yes the big purge tank is for straight crude and the smaller purge tank is for wax shatter just over all higher material.

Anyone end up with a light gray looking batch, also been running into yield issues. Just a headache. On the gray batch i went a little light on media hoping it would end up a light yellow.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had gray

3 Likes

for stability what PH is ideal?

About to order @Indofab v1 filters has anyone had problems with the 5micron or should I order a smaller size ? We pull vaccum from the top and bottom of column, also we replace media every time so I dont see the need for the v2 at about 4x the cost. Going to order a few to always have pods ready to go, just want to make sure we order correct micron size.

I donā€™t think @Soxhlet or @Indofab is here to lead anyone wrongā€¦look at the thread title. Done nothing but give so far!

3 Likes

Touch of color but happy with the results

11 Likes

Thatā€™s perfect. Once you wip that or throw it in the oven it will get a few shades lighter. Nice work my bro. :fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

No oven tek with this one

4 Likes

Dang so no ones even tried a indofab crc before? :upside_down_face: Just want to make sure I order right stuff before I spend a couple k. A lot of comments of people going all the way down to 2.5, 1 micron, just wondering If itā€™s being cautious or stuff was going through the 5 micron.

You only wanna pull vacuum from the bottom when using crc. Pulling from the top can disturb the powders after they have settled or been compacted which can lead to channeling.

4 Likes

In reality all u need is a buchner funnel but thatā€™s a whole diff story, the more u learn about adsorbents the better understanding u will have in color remediation. Theres a lot of ways to get it done so my best approach would be doing some research on adsorbents and then applying this to your system since it seems like everybody has their own unique set up in a way.
Cellite is what I use as the last layer to hold all the other powders back.

6 Likes

I need to start taking more pics. A couple runs from last week. Some runs comes out lighter than others. Bur I feel thatā€™s material variant

3 Likes

currently we only are making 5 mic filters, 1 mic would be a special order, the cost between the v1 and v2 is a measly $106 .06 . Consider you get a laser cut tag, a valve, two peices of 3/8 tube and an additional 45 min worth of weld time.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve 2 customers that have them. They also started off with ghetto filter plates like I use. Moved to the crc and nbolers filters. From my understanding they work great.

My homie hasnā€™t really found the need for the valve so much but they say the crc from @Soxhlet and @Indofab work flawless.

3 Likes

I usually dont see anything in my other filters after the 5um disc when i run could. I like to take mine to 2um

1 Like

Thank you for responding, maybe Iā€™m confusing whatā€™s what, Iā€™m talking about buying a 5micron v1 filter plate vs the v2 filter plate + the column and valve.

As of now Iā€™m using a 1. 150 micron triclamp gasket 2. 10 micron paper filter plate 3. BizzyBee Filter Coin coin that goes down to 10 micron 4. 5micron triclamp gasket. And still had some shit go through, which I had to buchnner out. When you say you donā€™t usally have media pass through the 5 micron, your saying that you have had stuff pass through? Iā€™m going to go ahead and order a couple of 5 micron filter plates from indofab but wondering if I should order a smaller micron to go under the 5 micron. Reason being I for sure had shit pass the 5 micron. I later filtered through a buchner using 1 micron paper and there was maybe .25 gram of media caught. Which is a no no. Maybe metal filters catch everything and the paper filters dont? Trying to figure this out.

When i ran warm i though i saw silica pass through, but im not certain. My filter goes from top to bottom.
25 to 50um screen gasket
Powders poured on top a 20-25 um paper
5um sinterer disc
5um screen
6um paper,
2um screen
2.5 paper
2um screen
5um screen gasket

But most of those are probably redundant
Only time i seen anything on anything past 5um disc is when i ran warm. But it could have been fats

Thanks sonic. Recently Iā€™ve just been stacking the media under the column but I was thinking mounting the C.R.C next to the column and adding a three way valve in between so if the oil is naturally a nice color Iā€™ll send it off to the collection, if itā€™s something that needs to be remediated Iā€™ll send it through C.R.C 1st, I naturally want to go with a 6in C.R.C but we have 4x48 and 6x48 columns and itā€™s been said that you need to match the crc size to the column size, I want to say it doesnā€™t matter because itā€™s not going to be mounted directly underneath the column but instead fed from 3/8 liquid line.

1 Like