Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Preach it brotha!

Well its official. Iā€™m down to my last 10 after todays OG pour. As a by product i got another 300 gā€™s of OG batter.

12 Likes

Dam thats fire

1 Like

Clear tech on clear. Comes out the bottom same color as it goes in the top. :muscle::muscle::muscle:

10 Likes

So, can we grind up our biomass now for increased extraction efficiency? Or will it pick up too many fats.

Iā€™ve ground up my material for years no issues with fats. just run cold tane and have columns packed and in the freezer before use

3 Likes

i there a difference between food grade DE and celite 545? the price difference is crazy. Whatā€™s extra about celite 545?

2 Likes

Is the batter the same as terp butter whats the tech on this method i have been trying to figure it out for months are u whipping in jar then placing the whiped jar in oven pull vac no heat?

Yes, there is a big difference. Celit 545 is ā€œspecialā€ DE for the cannabis industry so it cost 5x more. I call it the green tax.

5 Likes

Cold whip, over a few days. Patience is key.

6 Likes

Are u capping the jars at all

Yes, after they are stable and stop growing cap for a few hrs then whip.

3 Likes

The crystalline structure is different in Celite for faster flow. Pool grade DE can also have heavy metal contaminates.

Thereā€™s a lot of bullshit with a ā€œgreen taxā€, but celite 545 has been around and used in labs for way longer than the legal cannabis industry has been around. If you look in the search bar, you can find a few instances of people using cheaper grade DE and regretting it.

3 Likes

@coppertop do you think there is a difference in Food Grade DE and Pool Grade DE. When i looked the stuff upā€¦it just looks like another form of Silica.

3 Likes

My friend took a pic of a sample i gave him. It was brittle shatter not dimonds. I had to ask if it was my sample.

12 Likes

Thank you for the heads up. Celite 545 it is

2 Likes

Bg305 has been having stellar results with food grade de

6 Likes

is the only difference flow rate? or are they pretty much the same DE?

There was a warning thread someone posted a while back warning against pool grade DE because of heavy metal contamination. It seemed good grade was fine, but still didnā€™t allow flow nearly as well as celite. Iā€™ll see if I can find it.

1 Like

It seems the only difference is flow, but the difference is pretty dramatic. Iā€™ve personally only stuck to celite because of what other people here were experiencing with DE. Though I should mention this was in the context of vacuum filtration with a BĆ¼chner funnel. Iā€™m not sure if it would make a huge difference with other media stacked on top, as clay is notoriously slow anyway.

2 Likes