Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Step 1 fellas. About a 1/2" of DE in a 4" filter plate. I lay a filter paper om top and hand press.

12 Likes

Thats not step 1…you need to show of the filter rings we had to make in a blizzard because the someone who ordered filter plates off amazon did so with no filter clips…hmmmmm Joking brah! LOL. I think they would get a kick how resourceful we had to be in a jam!

3 Likes

I like the idea you had with the wood press plate.

These guys were ultra resourceful. If we didnt have it…we found a way to make it and get the job done.

2 Likes

Gotta have respect for the macgyver mindset.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: ok, since we on the farm we have to get creative when you don’t have the correct hardware. Step .5 is go to the local hardware store and buy some #6 copper ground wire. Have your boy BIG Al mold it into a filter ring.

Like i said earlier we get it done. :muscle::muscle::muscle:

11 Likes

Step 2 unless i forget something @Killa12345 :grin: 4x4 column on the filter plate and add 250 g’s of T5. Same deal with the paper and wood.

8 Likes

I thought we were at 350g not 250g. But if you got the same color with less…even better for the community.

3 Likes

Exactly my bro. After examining a few sections we noticed that there was not much color change in our filtering media about 50% of the way down. I will be decreasing my amounts till i see color.

9 Likes

I did notice it takes me more powders per material then ppl running larger columns.
Im using a 3x19 atm. Which is a lil less than lb. Of material. Dred is running about 2k material and his powder to material ratio is less than mine…

I think it might have to do with going through a hieght of material more so than an amount. I believe everyone with have to make personal adjustments according to there column size

1 Like

Step 3 is 100 g’s of Magnesol because i bought it. :grin:

7 Likes

To clarify, are you saying you are observing more filtration media being used by those running taller, smaller diameter columns? The column I’m going to be experimenting with will be 2"x18" with 60g of extract, so I’m wondering how high I should fill that column with powder.

1 Like

Running my solvent at room temp also for the guys that are having flow issues.

4 Likes

Step 4 is 150 g’s of silica. 1550780392114791530721994401851|375x500

6 Likes

Last thing i do is place a coffee filter on top of the silica.

8 Likes

I run a 3x18 400gr material column. I use
.75 cups t5
.5 cups silica
.5 cups magnesol
To get clear results

And when u run
.5 of each i dont achieve clear result. Very close to clear.

I believe dred uses 2x as much as me and he runs a 4x48 2000gr material column.
I think that is the size of his column. I know the gram part is accurate though.

Im not sure if that helps or not

4 Likes

You mean 150g silica?

1 Like

Flows like so.

4 Likes

Correct :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

lol no brother i misspoke. i saw someone post this:

that’s what i was referring to.

2 Likes