Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Good to know. Green looks like it’s been taken care of in this 60g I want to run in this experiment, but the red and orange in it is fierce.

First of all i want to thank @killa12345 for being a stand up guy. As he stated things didn’t go perfect as we don’t live in a perfect world. From the beginning he was doing me a HUGE favor getting my SS shipped out before Chinese NY. It was drop shipped so he didn’t have a chance to do his QC before his stuff goes out to his customers. After getting everything situated and pressure tested we had one system(5#) to do some R&D with plus my 1#(old faithfull) rig. At the end of the day we made the best of a bad situation because we are winners IRL and made it happen. Tomorrow i will put the stacks together he was talking about and post a pic for each step to show how we loaded the powders. Some of the guys having trouble with flow might want to run their solvent a bit warmer than usual. The DE that i have is supper fine and i found out that i was getting some freezing as the solvent passed thru it. We already have round two in our sights so we can crush it up here in the triangle. :muscle::muscle::muscle:

23 Likes

what filter mediums did you use? after scouring everything here a few times and taking 100 screenshots and 100 bookmarks i think the most effective both at color and cost seem to be

t-41 (most expensive but has the most examples of success here as the ‘workhorse’ of the mix)
b80 (cheapest with great results)
MagSil-PR (cheap and good results)
celite 545 (not for color as much as to keep other filter mediums out of the recovery pot or to keep biomass or waxes from clogging up the other layers. )

does this seem to be the general consensus on what to order for first go around?

I have a 1lbs cls, a filter plate with 150 micron ss mesh to cap the material column. another filter plate with whatman paper, ss mesh connected to a 6" spool i’ll layer the filter mediums in starting with a vacuum packed celite 545 bed to keep the recovery pot from contamination then t-41, b80 and MagSil-PR in no particular order or ratio (yet) . does this sound like a good starting point? i’m trying to ‘pull the trigger’ but not break the bank.

1 Like

U must have deep pockets if you think magsil PR is cheap :wink:

10 Likes

Ok, so let me know if I missed something, but I haven’t seen any discussion about flavor in this thread. I have done about 30 test runs on our small 1 ounce RNd (basically my spot tester) column, and now have interpreted this into my 6x36 in column (fits 9-10# of biomass)

On all tested I have noticed a major degradation in flavor, and a particularly unpleasant harshness to 4/5 of my test samples.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Here’s some pics of the sample runs

1 Like

Magsil pr is pricey, silica 60 is as bad and magnesol is cheap. I would stay away from t41 as it grabs thca/thc. Goold result though.

1 Like

How cold are you running.
Top to bottom
25um screen
De, celite
Magsil or magnesol
Silica 60
T5
11um paper,
5 um disc
5um screen
2um screen

Just got some activated alumina in. Going to add that to the 2nd layer

4 Likes

And i havent been able to notice much change in flavor

2 Likes

Last nights run

5 tubes i switched out media on each and switched. Up every time to try fpr better flow first run was 2 stacks top celite with 100 mesh cloth under ( cause thats all i had going to get 10 today) botom stack mixnof t5 magnesol silica very slow flow next tube 1 stack celite silica magnesol t5 top to bottom in that order no mix slow flow next tube 1 stack celite t5 top to bottom no mix bad flow next tube 1 stack celite magnesol t5 bad flow last run 2 stacks celite on top magnesol on bottom good flow havent nailed the watrer clear yet but it is coming soon thanks to all the help from the fellas here @BG305 tbat shit looks rediculas is that the baby food texture people are talkimg abput are u just whipping it then jarring it like diamond style?

2 Likes

I have almost identical as you results so far

3 Likes

It’s not that I don’t want to see cheap meds, but more a matter of valuation of time and skill.

Just because I can produce something for as little as 5/g after materials doesn’t mean I should sell it for 6/g. Materials doesn’t account for the time I spent, or that of my helpers, nor does it account for the recovery of invested capital on equipment.

It’s important to set a price for your product that still nets you a competitive hourly wage. We aren’t just flipping burgers here and you’d definitely pay your mechanic more than the guy that washes your car. That hourly wage shouldn’t be low either because we risk our safety and we utilize an extensive knowledge set we constantly work to improve.

Finally, we have to calculate recovering our investment capital. I used to take classes for all that stuff, but forgot the exact percentages and time frames on investment recovery.

If I can’t pay off my investments and earn at least 20/hr for the time I spend producing my product there are probably plenty of other options out there to apply my knowledge and time too.

If that seems skewed, please correct me. That’s just the way I see it.

10 Likes

I have achieved almost water clear with the medeas in the order that i just listed with a 7:1 tane to material ratio at -105f. It took long for tane to flow. No dewax straight thought

4 Likes

Ur doing a secondary dexax?

No i am not

3 Likes

If u grow your own material it is worth it hard to see people buying in bulk for more than 3k a lb

I’m running a solid -40 with a 5hp iced tech. Most the tests were open blast though (29 grams of biomass)
I’ve noticed the more color I pull the more the flavor drops.
Magnesol and de combo seem to give it a great color boost without really grabbing flavor too much. Maybe the T41 is giving it a harshness

As far as what I’m running I’m hitting a 5mixron spun fiber depth filter for waxes and particulate catchment, then hitting my color remediation stacks. After that it hits a .2 micron filter bag then me evap chamber.

Yields have been a little bit smaller perhaps, it’s hard to really calculate, nothing major. Stability has been really good for the most part, nothing sticky, my run yesterday was pretty much diamond plate shatter, rolled a chunk into a ball and couldn’t squish it down once it got hard.

I noticed that my color filtration shifter from water clear to a hint of yellow after I had passed about 10-11# of solution through the stack. That’s the grab off of 4000gram column.

Zero channeling based off how the powders look after I disassemble the stacks.

Still haven’t been able to achieve water clear off the original formula in this post 12 sil 12 magnesol 75 t5… anyone else?

What do u meam no dewx strait threw

What i have left over from pouring slabs i pour into a jar, then let it sit for about 30min and comencé the whip game. Zero heat is giving me the best color, texture and nose on the baby food. @lemonade_dave

11 Likes

I dont let my tane stall in a dewax column at all. Straight from material colomn to filtration to collection pot. Takes about 10 mins.

4 Likes

zero heat?? thats a new one. Have you torched any to see if its flammable?

1 Like