In-Line Fats/Lipids/Waxes Remediation

That would be great, ln2 maybe? With a pressure relief valve?

I use stainless steel ball bearings in my dewax column

3 Likes

Should work good, and would be a good time to make use of a stainless steel tubular filter because the pressure created from using ln2 or dry ice would probably pop any paper filter.

If you just had a spool packed tight with stainless steel scrubbies and chilled the scrubbies with ln2 i have no doubt that the waxes would stick to the scrubbies on their way down the spool.

1 Like

I think Iā€™m going to place the baffles at the bottom of the Dewax sleeve. Iā€™m still going to try to run cold to limit the wax in the first place. Iā€™m thinking jacketed column to a filter plate with 24um fast filter to a jacketed Dewax column with 3 filter plate baffles then through a 15um medium filter then the crc tech with a 2um slow filter to the collection pot.

2 Likes

No stall in dewax vessel?

Someone should try my theory in combination with some steel wool scrubbies

Duda diesel has a DudaLite resin that they claim is ā€œlike AmberLiteā€ and is a bit cheaperā€¦ if only using resins/sorbents, it seems weā€™d be doing an inline unit operation similar to SPE (solid phase extraction). I think it would be a miracle to dewax completely using this, but its still very useful to iron out (i still believe n miracles)ā€¦ Maybe the answer is in a hybrid technique using flow thru adsorption and a cooling column operating multi-stage or re-cycle with flo-thru adsorbent b/t each cooling column. ā€¦Maybe an adiabatically cooled column like theyā€™ve dewaxd asphalt with since the 30sā€¦ we can also decompress LPG/extract into columns filled with other solvents, like they desalinate sea water with C4/C3ā€¦

1 Like

There are many different kinds of amberlite, and ā€œlike amberliteā€ can be taken to mean quite a few things.

2 Likes

XAD-7 and XAD-4 are two forms I am pursuing for pesticide remediation.

3 Likes

I think @Shadownaught said Carbon Chemistry is going to be stocking ion exchange resin soon. Ive got a sample but need to buy a chromatography column to make good use of it.

Also is the ā€œremove fatsā€ bit dealing with dilute alcohol procedure or has AA been shown to be effective at fat removal with alkanes too?

2 Likes

So I couldnā€™t find pictures of the ets baffle dewaxer. Iā€™m running an ets mep rn weā€™re getting the dewaxer for it in a few weeks Iā€™ll take pictures of it then. Your going to need you filterstacks to be cold so idk how your going to be able to jacket themā€¦But how bout using helium gas? Use it at a high pressure to precipitate the fats faster? In a separate Dewan chamber of course. Just thinking out loud here

2 Likes

yea the realm of ion exchange gets deep, and most of it isnt cheap LOL. we would be lucky if the Duda ā€œLike amerbliteā€ works well here.

You mean use helium as a refrigerant?

Do you have a source for it?

They come with quite a lot water.

1 Like

What are we seeing here?

Ion exchange resin from Carbon Chemistry @Krative

There are Shittons of ion exchange medias!

Right but the type wasnā€™t specified to me, it was just sent as a sample.

Lol, I only deal with shit I can read extensively about.

1 Like