In-Line Fats/Lipids/Waxes Remediation

Lol DOW produces the resin carbon chem has, so there certainly will be plenty to read about. What i was trying to say was I never asked shadownaught what exact resin it is that he sent me.

If you got that info from shadownaught then you can read extensively on it.

True. In exchange wonā€™t help much with fat removal though.

1 Like

I dont think ion exchange resin is gonna do much of anything for fat removal either. Ive been looking at size exclusion gels but they cost so much it doesnt look like its a viable option for high volume production.

We either need some adiabatic process, baffled column, dewax vessel, or cheap bulk adsorbant.

LLE could be useful as well here

Would the degumming enzyme or the degumming clay from carbon chemistry help? Im not versed in organic chemistry so I have no clue. I just saw this and thought i would post.

I would be very interested in seeing that do something, but unfortunately I believe enzymes require H2O to function properly

1 Like

why not use a modified clay?

3 Likes

No use it as a gas to precipitate lipids via pressure.

Elaborate

You too

I guess Iā€™m not sure what advantage the pressure does for us, Lussacā€™s law says that if a given amount of gas is kept at a constant volume, pressure is directly proportional to its temperature. pressure goes up, temperature goes up right? I thought the whole point of the baffles was to provide supercooling due to phase change of the liquid butane after colliding with the baffles? What am I missing?

1 Like

My idea was to pressurize, push through a cooling coil, then allow it to adiabaticly expand through a needle valve over some baffles where the lipids fall out, then leading to a filter

2 Likes

I see what your saying, my setup is inline not rack mounted, and passive so Iā€™ve gotta figure out a different route.

Iā€™m currently having legs welded on my vessels for the same reason, just to tall and too fat. Iā€™m working with 12"x12" extraction vessel

2 Likes

Not missing anything just two different ideas the pressure thing was just me thinking out loud like a diamond miner but for lipids in the hydrocarbon solution

1 Like

Unfortunately itā€™s not the pressure that makes them crash out, itā€™s the already saturated solution slowly loosing solvent while pressure slows that down to yield bigger nicer crystals. We donā€™t want to slowly crash out our lipids over the course of 3 weeks, yknow?

5 Likes

The ets dewax baffles for quick direct feed inline dewaxing. Used em once will post pictures of the lipid buildup on em when they are starting to cake up

11 Likes

That is remarkably similar to what I was thinking, like the inside of a mufflerā€¦ is there an iced dewaxing tank to stall in after the baffles or is the wax collection filter at the bottom of the baffles?

2 Likes

No stall it just goes in between the tubes in the collection pot. Thereā€™s a valve on top and a valve on bottom you fill it up from the top all the way and then cracked the bottom valve this slowly feed the liquid into the collection pot making the baffles work better that the dewaxing tubes at -50 and or -90 c

5 Likes