In-Line Fats/Lipids/Waxes Remediation

That’s my understanding of it.

Which thing?

The adiabatic expansion part, I have no idea what the baffle looks like.

The change in temperature is supposed to be ideal for dewaxing.

A perfect. Are you be chance aware of the exact pressure changes it undergoes?

Not at all… :confused:

I’ll be trying to figure it out once I get my hands on the thing.

Is that something you would be open to sharing once you get that data?

Not sure… I’m not totally sure I’ll be able to determine it. Gonna try though.

Okay so… adiabatic expansion. Time to bust out my thermodynamics equations :persevere:

6 Likes

Your not running enough tane through it.

You’ll always smell the weed after it’s been run. Scratch a plant that’s growing or in veg. It’ll smell like the strain it’s growing. Plant compounds still have flavenoids in there.

4 Likes

It’s a core that slides into the tube. The tube is chilled to -80/-90c. And multiple plates in this “core” are slanted downwards creating lots surface area. The baffles are cooled down in the process. It goes inbetween the tubes and the collection pot and strips the fats while dumping into the pot. Since lipids are non polar it’s going to be near impossible to remove all fats. That’s why etoh is used cause it’s very polar and lipids will eventually precipitate cause they don’t want to be in polar. Dissolve like dissolves like.

5 Likes

I was thinking montmorillonite. I read an article how it was absorbing fats and oils in the stomachs of a person. They were using this clay in hopes it would better deliver medicines and the results showed how efficient it was At absorbing lipids, fats, etc. I believe the best way to test this out would be to add the montmorillonite to an in-line dewaxer and have the solution stall so the montmorillonite can work it’s mgic

Montmorillonite is the primary component of most bentonite clays, which we’ve been employing to reduce colors effectively, but it has had little impact on fats and waxes thus far.

2 Likes

That’s why I think solution needs to be stalled then filtered. The color ramifications the powders were stacked and solvent flowed through them. I think if we possibly stall in-line with the powder in the vessel we will get better results.

I forgot to mention when reading about the fining agents for the color ramification a lot of agents recommended agitating the solution and then let the fining agent settle before filtering. I’m thinking once dewaxing begins and the fats and lipids begin crashing out the clays will help pull the lipids and fats together and possibly colagulate. Let’s say the fats are attracted to the powders and are hard to remove once absorb. We can possibly not have to worry about thc-a crashing out or if it did we can raise the temp to redissolve with out the worry of the fats redissolving.

4 Likes

So a cryo cooled stainless muffler insert, i gotta see what the fitters can make…

2 Likes

When I have time later I’ll find a pic of it and post it

Please and thank you!

1 Like

Hes right ive observed this once again when doing this buchner funnel style…i would pass through cellite and remove fats…then pour into pot and add b80…what i saw was that the b80 is acting more like an emzyne…u can see it seek out stuff as it dissolves…i tried agitating the dissolving clumps of b80 to help breakem down and they would just resurface with the clump dissolving off the edges…then as they settled the solution got clearer like when fining wine

8 Likes

Not enough b80 gave the solution a green tint…the clear slabs always have a white green color to thw solution…thats how i know its clear and used enough b80 at that point

3 Likes

Do you have any numbers?