Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Sucks whoever pays for it only to find out its free

6 Likes

My post wasn’t up for 5 mins, i guess i should have waited and dm everybody who responded before i posted

1 Like

I want to thank #killa12345 for the super fast shipment of needed powders. Ordered Friday in mailbox today. I will be doing a run tomorrow

11 Likes

Awesome @Poizzin . Thanks again. Sorry for the ghetto packing.

And i didnt ship till saturday. I live on the same road as a USPS distributiion hub so my mail goes directly there which saves a day or 2. Did i mention i got this logistics thing down…LOL Thanks again. Because of people like you…im completly sold out of over 100Kg of powders alone in 3 days. LOL

Picking up the crumbs will fill you up if you eat enough of them!

13 Likes

Hey don’t care about packing, only what is inside

3 Likes

@ScoobyDoobie
I talk about it in this thread my bad. My whole idea is using a clay or fining agents that absorbs the lipids and fats in an in-line dewaxing chamber with some stainless steel scrubbies to help catch more particles before hitting a filter or a filter bed. I believe the clays or fining agents will help bind to the fats and lipids we don’t want in our final product meaning less precipitation time

1 Like

What clay or fining agents that you know of absorb lipids that i should try?

1 Like

I’m sure @Killa12345 ghetto packing job is still better than 95% of anyone else who ships packages. Every possible spot of cardboard was covered and don’t get me started the inside packaging absolutely phenomenal and lots of extra tlc. The extra bubble wrap makes great insulation for your cls

4 Likes

Think he ment adsorbs

1 Like

I know i meant to put adsorb

1 Like

@ScoobyDoobie I read about montmorillonite Being possibly good at grabbing fats in that same thread someone mentions it’s a form of betonite and certain betonite are good for picking up fats and lipids

I was also possibly thinking degumming enzyme powder if it’ll work in this solvent

2 Likes

Lipids are incredibily diverse class of chemicals, in this class is fats, waxes, and oils. When i say large i meant large, what works to remove on type of lipid may not and likely will not work to remove another. Winterization/dewaxing is very good at what it does i dont think theres a good replacement thats going to be cost effective. Yet.

Ive also read quite a bit on the smectite clays and on their use as an adsorbent but was never able to find anything that convinced me it was able to grab fats by anythinf other than physically stopping them from passing, whixh is what celite accomplishes.

Is there an article in particular u can point me to?

5 Likes

@ScoobyDoobie There is no particular article that points me to believe this will work. I’m basing my theories off following processes for cleaning crude for distillation. I started applying a stack of activated carbon in my open blast system and had luck with improving the color and taste of one particular strain. I didn’t have much thc loss with the carbon and from there I looked forward to trying other powders, clays, etc but did not have the funds. I’m a firm believer of trial and error with common sense there are definitely going some multitude errors and mistakes. Those errors and mistakes are important learning experiences as you can learn quite a few things

5 Likes

I have one powder that I plan to test like that which is the degumming clay.

4 Likes

@coppertop and @ScoobyDoobie do a Pepsi challenge and show me why i should be paying $418 for Celite 545 as opposed to $22.50 for 10lbs of organic food grade DE. For me at the end of the day its all about results and numbers.

6 Likes

I wasn’t saying everyone should be using it over pool filter DE, i was just pointing out the differences between the two. Do with the information what you want, Celite 545 is clearly the better choice but at a massive premium.

But considering all DE is reusable it really comes down to whether you want to try and reclaim it which I imagine most wouldnt… because its not necessary if you buy cheap DE.

It seemed like a lot of people were totally unclear on what Celite 545 was exactly i wasnt trying convince anyone they need to buy it over pool supply shit which is what i bought and will use.

6 Likes

How much cheaper is “pool” grade than food grade? This is what i am using currently.

Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade 10 Lb Amazon.com

3 Likes

I have a few old slabs can they be dissolved into bho and put through crc . If so how?.

Price is variable between the manufacter but roughly the same as food grade u posted. The stuff you posted is amourphous silica and it doesnt have the same skeletal structure that Celite has that gives it its irregular particle shape. The irreglar particle shape and sizes allow the celite to fit together into a loose structure and its this structure that gives better flow characteristics.

The amorphous silica on the other hand is a fine powder of more uniform shape and the particles dont form a loose structure so flow rates suffer. Again any of these DE products will work Celite is just superior because the higher flow rate and less capacity to absorb liquid than amorphous silica.

5 Likes

I got Celite 545 for 60 a kilo on amazon, roughly the same price as the silica 60 and the T5 from @Killa12345.

6 Likes