In-Line Fats/Lipids/Waxes Remediation

@Kingofthekush420
Thank you for the clarification, I was under the impression you need to dry the clay before use.

Do you believe running a cold crude BHO extract through bentonite is efficient or is running warm heptane solution more effective?

Whoops - sorry guys. @Kingofthekush420 thanks for the catch. I was reading the thread and I guess because Iā€™m dumb I thought he was saying he was putting them in the oven :joy::joy::joy:

Yes those clays have 10% water volume in them and you are fine using them as is. Make sure your oil isnā€™t above 80c when you mix it tho or it will have the same effect as described earlier.

However try to get them with a water volume to 12%. Different oils I deal with but I believe they should have the same effect as I get.

Sorry for ignoring you I was super confused when you were asking about b80 and t41 :joy::joy: it all makes sense now.

I stopped running the baffle actually and I converted the dewaxing tube to a crc.

4 Likes

@BrotanicalMatt

No worries at all.

Would the clay work well inline after a cryo dewax is completed inline after BHO extraction? Or would these cold temperatures be counter productive?

Thanks for the knowledge guys.

@710enigmatic

That slab looks tasty.

Are you able to show a photo of your conversion of dewax to c.r.c?

Or what filter media have you chosen to work inline?

I donā€™t play with butane mateā€¦not my business. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I have been curious about doing this myself with ours, for the life of me i cant get the baffle out, any tips @710enigmatic ? Looks amazing, how are you filtering at the bottom did you add a fitler stack or how are you filtering?

Why not use the baffled dewaxer after crc???

That was actually plan A for me to try, Iā€™d like to put the crc on the bottom of my material column then shoot to dewax. Anyone else using the crc on the ETS MEP with success? Unfortunately I canā€™t try anything until the fire dept. signs off because I am in Denver.

1 Like

you just need to make sure you have a stainless steel filter plate with ring and filter paper and not the mesh gasket

4 Likes

Guys Iā€™ve searched around i dont know if its a problem yet since my jars are just in the dark a few days after I ran crc but whats the best method to be able to remove wax and fats if im not in a crazy cool lab like alot of you guys?
Maybe I missed a post or didnā€™t search right but all Iā€™ve found so far are things out of my reach and I really want to try making diamonds haha
I checked my jars and im not sure if its just part of the process of if I have wax and fats in my jars so they wonā€™t diamond but ive been searching around and canā€™t seem to find the answer :man_shrugging:

Just add injection coils in dry ice and riiiip

1 Like

You might not be fighting fats, you could just have too much solvent. I think weā€™ll need more information to diagnosis your crystallization issues.

Ok let me know if I miss anything. I have a coil in dry ice after my recovery pump and it gets frosty and I also had my tank in a freezer before running it through the system. My first run was about a 7:1 ratio with gas. I can take pics of the jars as they are currently if it helps!

1 Like

After looking around some more I found the tampon tek so I was gonna buy a spool or 2 for above my sintered disk in my crc and run the crc media, then 1 micron filter paper, 1 or 2 filter spools with the tampon rolled in, and then my 1 micron sintered disk at the bottom of my crc. Any thoughts on that plan as far as fat/wax catcher?

Look into ā€œfats catcherā€

@Waxplug1 has some good pics on here.

I checked out his ig pic and everything im just a little unclear on whats inside that thing and how to integrate it into my system lol

Unless something has changed, filled with DE, located below your dewax column, pre crc.

if you didnā€™t have a dewax you could run it at the base of your material columnā€¦

Oh ok. Yea I dont have a dewaxer so I could put it on the bottom on my column. Would it be ok to put on top of crc? Ok so its just literally DE? I couldnā€™t tell what all that was in his pic! Thanks bro I appreciate the help im tryin to search before I bug everyone!