In-Line Fats/Lipids/Waxes Remediation

Preferated gasket on bottom.

6 Likes

What temp did you run your baffle at?

1 Like

-65c on this one

5 Likes

That looks like a pretty decent amount of collection. Is the darker bits other undesirable being removed inadvertently during the process?

Prob both some undisirables and some oil. It works now that I’ve opened up but I ran 180# thru it before I opened up so it needs to be changed more prequently u can see how the bottom cap is covered to because of the preferated gasket. Using a micron gasket would slow this down even more but would prob result in a much more effiecent dewax. It’s also a pain in the ass to clean and it’s machines so precisely any bend or setup not perfect will result in not being able to put the baffle back in all the way

2 Likes

You could soak it in acetone and dissolve the fats then drain

2 Likes

Jus curious are you running mostly trim? @710enigmatic

1 Like

Just ran cold jacket cold solvent (dry ice cold) then crc and though the pass through the adsorbants was abismally slow, it pulled basically no fats!

4 Likes

I ran warm hoping that it would grab fats and it didnt, but my flow was fine. What temp and did you use celite

I get very few fats running -105 on dry ice frozen material

1 Like

Celite does not grab fats, running cold to begin with or dealing over celite results in a low fat extract. I ran my extract at-60 to -80°C

1 Like

I posted this other places but this is why it is so important to distill your tane. New bottle of 7030 ntane

5 Likes

Tank?

1 Like

Not from my tank, distilling before it goes there

1 Like

Yea on the runs with the baffle I showed in the picture yes. Now I’m running fresh frozen for awhile

3 Likes

@710enigmatic
Are you still running the baffle? Would you recommend this inline with the CRC filter plates?

3 Likes

When you have no water in-between your layers inside the clay they collapse upon each other when the oil passes through. Thus diminishing your surface area of absorption and also ruining the whole point of any activated/modified earths

2 cent.

Can you elaborate please?

@BrotanicalMatt
Are you suggesting to wet the B80 or T41 when packing filter? Or wet the clay and dry in vacuum oven, to swell the clay?

1 Like

What would you like to know?

T41 and t5 both have 10% moisture by volume I believe.

He probably means dont bake it before using it as a filter aid.