Illuminated Extractors x ChemTek Workshop FEB 26-27

Whatever dont show up on your criminal record is “fun” not “trouble”… :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

5 Likes

Sounds like there will be plenty of fun on both sides of the border!

Is anyone here registered for the class? I’d love to connect.

1 Like

Pretty sure I’m going to be there for one of the classes, and the party too. Haven’t registered yet, and still have to plan flights and hotel, but I’ll be there. :grinning:

2 Likes

Someone bring me as your plus one. :nerd_face:

10 Likes

I was hoping you’d ask me to the dance.

6 Likes

Please tell me it’s in OB???!!

1 Like

So we got to go to Honk Kong!!!

4 Likes

Someone been told the itinerary I see. Lol. :joy::rofl::joy:

:shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face:

2 Likes

I’m also interested if there will be a virtual attendance option. Any updates on this?

2 Likes

I’ll find out!

1 Like

If you’re interested in streaming the class or Trevor attendance, please email JD@illuminatedextractors.com.

3 Likes

Ill be there! Got tickets for me and a plus one. Going to be sick. Learning from some of the best. My diamond game is so outdated. Hoping to get caught up to the straight out best practices available in 2022.

See yall thur!

7 Likes

You can get in to the after party for $20 if you don’t attend the class. Pretty sure there’s no glg needed.

3 Likes

It’s getting better all the time! Now 25% off for Good Life Gang members!

They’re is still some room on both days. I’ll update as things sell out.

4 Likes

Well I keep posting it because it’s a hilariously false claim and you never actually answer the question or back up your statements with concrete data.

Your examples don’t really fit this argument because both a FFE and WFE are already inherently using all the available internal surface area as evaporative surface area. It’s a huge part of their design. With the lighter example you are basically saying, “increasing evaporative surface area increases evaporation”. This is no surprise. There is no spare, unused surface area to use in a WFE (or FFE) like in your lighter example.

Stirring in an SPD during boiling has several effects. You agitate the vapor above the liquid pool, facilitating increased vapor diffusion away from the surface. Stirring also ensures the surface temperature is close to the bulk temperature which is important because evaporation causes the liquid’s surface to cool more than the interior bulk and the cooler surface layer will evaporate slowly. By stirring you replenish the surface layer with warm liquid.

These advantages of agitation can be applied to the thin films in a WFE or FFE but they definitely do not boost the “effective surface area” of a WFE above that of an FFE of the same length/diameter.

Any actual test data to show a WFE enables shorter distance vs FFE for the same amount of input crude?

I agree that WFE are better for thermally sensitive products because they achieve very thin films.

The idea of crude being “easily damaged by heat” is relative. When removing butane/propane from recently extracted crude we are not even close to temperatures that would damage or decarb it.
That’s why an evaporator design (WFE) that sacrifices a huge amount of internal surface area to facilitate addition of a wiper basket to ensure the thinnest film possible is completely unnecessary and overcomplicated.

I don’t believe I’ve ever heard of anyone having issues with the tubes clogging in their FFE during operation. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen but I’m highly doubtful. That sounds like a design problem with the internal tube diameter being to narrow or something.

Of course, when you go to distill the cannabinoids out of the crude you are much closer to thermal damaging temps. In this case you would want to cut a tight fraction at the lowest temp possible so sacrificing internal surface area for the wiper basket and getting thinner films is exactly what you want to do.

This is why WFE, especially the short path variety, generally operate under high vacuum, because being as careful and gentle with the feedstock is the main idea it’s designed around. We don’t need to be anywhere near that careful and gentle for bulk solvent removal in BHO.

The complication and cost of the rotary joint is a huge detractor of the WFE design.

There are lots of people with lab experience in the cannabis industry at this point and it seems most of them use FFE for bulk solvent recovery. Are they all just stupid in your opinion? I would have to imagine that for a WFE to get into the same ballpark as a FFE for bulk solvent removal it would have to be “properly sized” by being much much larger than the FFE.

1 Like

Haha, at first I thought you were making a little joke with all the little TM symbols, but then I remembered who I was talking to and I know you are dead serious.

Is HPHE what you call your patent on hot looping?

Any data to support the bit about “Due to HPHE we increase the solubility of terpenes and other volatile molecules.”?

It all sounds fancy and great but where is the proof that things actually happen the way you say they do?

You can’t just pop up and say these things out of nowhere. Is there a side-by-side experiment showing a “regular” extractor leaving things behind and your machine picking them up with your fancy atomized solvent?

Here are some of your past quotes regarding HPHE:

Care to explain what you actually mean by phase transient? (you better start trademarking that one or I’m stealing it.)

Any proof or data to substantiate your claims about “increase standard efficiency ten fold” or “50 to 200 times more efficient then the traditional technique”?

The last quote of yours is another little marketing BS gem. Please tell me more about the new state of matter you have discovered.

Haha, “not solid liquid nor gas nor supercritical”.

Is it a plasma? Bose-Einstein condensate?

You really love telling other people you’ve invented things, don’t you. Regardless of whether or not you actually have invented anything, the fact that you love saying it so much just makes me think about that South Park episode even more.

Right back at ya my man.

Put up or shut up.

You are the one making claims. The burden of proof is on you.

You can’t just come on here and make threads titled “Most advanced extraction system on the market” and repeatedly tote yourself as some type of genius inventor guy then not show up with some serious proof.

3 Likes

Easy big killer.

I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of a forum founded in the spirit of open-sourced knowledge sharing being used to advertise closed-source, private classes.

I generally have no problem with the classes themselves or the people teaching them. And to be honest, I don’t even really give a care about them being advertised here on the forum, I was just pointing out the hypocrisy this time because I think this guy is at least partly a charlatan.

The part about me being mad that some people learn better hands on and them being willing to pay is a strawman argument of your own mind’s invention.

Hey man because this is text over the internet I can’t exactly tell if you’re being sarcastic with this offer or not, but I’m leaning towards no because you are a standup member of the forum.

I really appreciate the offer but I just wouldn’t feel right from a moral standpoint being there for free if others paid $1000.

Thanks anyways.

1 Like

Oh ya, you don’t sound mad at all :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

You are all talk.

Lol

5 Likes

I will be at the class, but will you bother to show up? You have been offered a free ticket to come see it for yourself, live first hand as your proof.

Honestly I don’t expect you to show up but you are more than welcome to come and see everything you are claiming to be bs. Your response is only an excuse to keep saying it is false: can’t be proven wrong if you never see it.

Might as well put your hands over your eyes and ears and scream la la la la I can’t hear you.

1 Like