If you whip badder, you need to spend $11 on this

I’m dealing with a hand injury, and whipping badder became miserable. It sent me on a search for a more ergonomic option. This is a great handle for lab tools. It’s basically a drill chuck on a handle. I thought someone would appreciate this. Cheers:
https://www.amazon.com/AUTOTOOLHOME-Drilling-Capacity-0-315-Screwdriver/dp/B01M4FY99G/ref=sr_1_20?keywords=pin+vise&qid=1648552186&sr=8-20

16 Likes

This belongs in Tricks of the trade

5 Likes

Might even use this for whippin up gummies

2 Likes

You’re gunna try and slam a wooden spoon into this?

2 Likes

Drill a bit into a hearty wooden spoon attach handle

1 Like

I’ve got one of these and they fucking rule - craftsman makes a good one too. For whipping I’d rather just hook the tool I’m using for that in a drill though

2 Likes

I use a rubber spatula for gummies

1 Like

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Allway-10-5-in-Steel-Spiral-Mixing-Arms/50427876?cm_mmc=shp-

1 Like

Sorry, is there a way to move it?

1 Like

Do you use a pneumatic drill? We’ve considered a pneumatic. But, honestly, I don’t know if we’ve figured out how to make badder with less whipping or I just have more people that can help whip. But, I feel like badder takes way less whipping that when I started.

1 Like

We just whip with a metal lab tool. This holds them well.

Or just grind down a cheap fork. Til it fits in the drill… and bend it at a 90. That was our ‘tek’…

Less advised move is to steal your good forks from.the kitchen. Wives always know…

3 Likes

Was thinking the same thing if it works that good

1 Like

A brushless drill is spark free, no need for pneumatic

Medusa gas is why famalamadingdong

3 Likes

XD wob wob the gift that keeps on giving

That looks dope!

I’ve never uses one personally…

I can say with any type of drill, impact, cordless/pneumatic etc there is a risk of contamination…

That’s why they make ss impellers and sanitary immersion blenders/stick homogenizers

1 Like

Yes they do know
“Quit using my kitchen shit in your experiments”
“Experiments?”

2 Likes

Man. Her list of pilfered kitchen shit goes on and on… basics… like any convenient metal utensil for scraping/scooping/whipping…

Obviously any of her glass Pyrex…

Not kitchen… but every blow dryer from the last 7 years… because those fucking Wagner ace hardware heat guns blow out like a motherfucker…

Every egg beater… whisk… etc.

But the one I really can’t live down… is this granite rolling pin of hers that originally had a wood dowel type deal through the middle.

My lazY employees didn’t wanna do the ovenwork… and I was off site for a while… and I had a 50 pack order. Day I got back to town l… picked up the work… and it was all 250g slabs. Made on AI 3.2 shelves. So thick as fuck. What would have been good yellow work was now an orange brown. So I ripped up a heat blanket… pulled the wire heating elements out. Swapped out thr wood dowel for metal and lined the interior of that granite rolling pin with the heating elements. It took a while to get hot. But between a heat gun and the heated stone rolling pin, I could pretty effectively roll out those slabs evenly.(pulling/stretching looks like shit).

Let the heat gun get the stainless table nice and warm… drop the slab down on a wide strip of larchment.parchment… hit the top with the gun a bit… and gentlllllyyyy roll it out. Lotta skill to keeping the pressure even. But it worked.

And made that buyer come back the next day.

At the time… redissolving and re-pouring a 50 order would’ve been brutal for us

But she never got that rolling pin back. And still curses me for it.

LPT: heated stone rolling pins are a decent tek for thinning out slabs…

1 Like

Hire a pastry chef. Most can whisk for days

2 Likes