I make terrible distillate....why?

I literally only understood about half of what you said there.

I’m having a problem with my phone though and it’s stuck in headphone mode so I can’t make a video because it won’t record sound.

2 Likes

another question, If I started the process, and got about 6-8 hours through it and then couldn’t continue, would it ruin anything to shut it all down and then start again the next day?

1 Like

As long as You are able to leave vacuum on When turning off the heat for say 30 min so that the boiling flask gets to below the 120 C before adding ambient air ( oxygen)

4 Likes

IT s fairly safe yet i must advise to do as little as possible heat and cannabinoids aren t best of friends so the less heat needed to your goal the better

2 Likes

so i shut off the heat and stuff, and keep the vac running until the oil drops to below 120C…does this prevent oxidation of something?

I can’t always sit around for 14 hours (hell even 8 is a stretch sometimes) or sometimes things come up. so it’s good to know that I can stop and resume the process.

2 Likes

Yes that s iT even better leave pump on so No O2 ever enters

1 Like

Adjustable heat gun + auto store high heat silicon hose makes a quick and cheap hot condenser.

Or you can run your condenser dry and throttle with aluminum foil and your mantle temp. It makes a big difference on the color and smell of your final product.

3 Likes

leaving the pump on…that’s a good idea actually.

I do have an adjustable heat gun.

1 Like

Have been contemplating the heat gun Condenser tech
If You can adjust temps on the gun Yes give iT a shot
But If You can t don t try temps are way to hot

2 Likes

So make sure your Condenser is empty of liquid befor heat gun approach

2 Likes

And make sure your vacuum hose to coldtrap can withstand high temps because all that doesn t condensate Will enter hose hot towards the cold trap

3 Likes

Ok this is how i would do the heat gun teck
Set glass condensor in a as straight slightly inclined posision
Fill condensor with a liquid that has the boiling point of your desired temperature
If tubes connected to condensor can withstand that heat leave attached If not remove point Condenser inlets upwards
Place heatgun in a clamp towards condensor
Light iT up
If liquid in condensor starts to boil You know the temp inside lower heat When neccesary

1 Like

These are smoke points of regular vegetable oils

1 Like

This liquid is not under vacuum so normal bp and smoke points should be used

1 Like

Don t loop a hose between condensor inlets for pressure may build up open to the air

1 Like

Most probably along the way temps of heat gun must be lowered for condensate Will also start heating up the condensor so fine line walking on this teck

1 Like

How hot do your really plan to go? I’ve watched breaking dabs take his condenser up to 155c.

I bought a recirculating chiller/heater combo capable of 200c just for this reason. I also have some black viton hoses for my heater.

I’d imagine replacing all the gl fittings with high temp ones are a must??

And is that chart of vegetables oils up there to run in your circulator? No one is running dynalene hc? Or the bootleg stuff that bvv sells for cheaper?

4 Likes

*dyalene (just had to google for a min)

O No not for a circulator

1 Like

Hè short on cash
Trying to figure out a diy way to get iT done on a budget
Temperature probes are set in side so can t use those to read the condensor temp
If empty the heat Will be to un evenly on the glass
If filled with say a cooking oil with known bp hè has a cleu of the condensor temp

1 Like