I make terrible distillate....why?

I’d love to post the process but the simple fact is that very soon, unless something drastic changes, I won’t have anywhere to work. I live in a small apartment that’s already far too small for us, there’s no room here (or electrical capacity) to setup the lab, and currently I have no income to rent any kind of unit.

As for my decarbing process, after trying so many different things and ways and still getting the same end result, I just toss it in the oven in a beaker (usually full, like 1000+g) at 220 for like an hour or two.

lately I couldn’t even be bothered to do that just in a vain attempt to increase THC levels by not baking the shit out of it, so I’d just warm it enough to pour into ethanol and go from there.

Honestly guys, you’re speaking to a broken human, This has only been a contributor, but after 5 years of doing this I’ve never been able to get my foot in the door in the industry and I’ve never been able to compete because I make such a piss poor product, not only that I’m literally further behind now than when I started… I’ve taken steps backward, not forward.

3 Likes

Please run your system filled or empty without heat on vacuum report your vacuum depth
How hot can You set your Condenser ?
Relax this is suposed to be fun and it Will and should be

9 Likes

If you watch @beaker. The heat that low ain’t gonna mess up your thc. But not decarbing well can pull all those molecules into you vacuum pump highering the vacuum level not allowing you to distill the thc at a temp low enough not to degrade it.

1 Like

Ok send a pic of the gear You have setup
We can help but best If we know everything i mean everything
Dragging You by the enkels If we have to
Don t be ashamed for what ever we are used to worse :grinning:

5 Likes

@Roguelab this is his video. This guy has the only start to finish distillation run on YouTube. His videos explained soo much for me. Surely this place can help out a dude like this. That’s what this place is for.

11 Likes

That’s why I started posting videos, I couldn’t find shit.

4 Likes

And that’s why I’m so determined to help. Cause your video explained everything.

2 Likes

Damn Son,
Guess iT s payback time watched that movie so Many times
Ok spit the info
Making a list with question right now hold on

3 Likes

Well tomorrow or the next day I’ll be putting about 900g into my SPD. I don’t know how long that amount SHOULD take, but I guess I’m just going to stick it out and take a really. long. time.

1 Like

Ok biomass of crude fresh not more than 6 weeks. Old harvested ?
Way of extraction of biomass ? Bho ?
Winterized ?
Ok vacuumpump ? Brand size ?
Vacuum meter ? Clean and punctual ?
Vacuum Grease ? Brand ?
Temp probe heating mantel ?
Probe in head ?
All i think after Reading all post is your vacuum depth or bad crude as in old Maybe Well cleaned but still old

2 Likes

I am in a difrent time zone so give a heads up When You start

oh the bud material is old as shit. somewhere about 3 years old now…there was a lot. But even when it was fairly fresh the BHO and distillate didn’t really turn out any better.

Yeah, BHO on a terpenator MK4
Winterized, filtered, winterized, filtered again.
Vac pump: Welch on the SPD.
Grease: Krytox as purchased from summit
yes there’s a probe on the mantle, and a probe in the head as well.

How do I post a live video or thread? It isn’t likely going to be an entire 12 hour video, but many videos together.

1 Like

Is your vacuum line still that long
Really recomend coldtrap vacgauge pump No more than 3 feet with that diameter tubbing****

Ok old material is hard to get the right color Total cannabinoids Yes we can get that high but CBN Will hurt in the 8 % range

1 Like

if you’re talking about the PVC pipe I’ve never used that.
My welch is connected directly to the Omega digital vac gauge and then into the cold trap. From the cold trap it goes directly to the SPD/cow. …probably between 3-4 feet total length.

1 Like

Have You checked your usual leak parts such as the temperature probe inserts ? And vacuum conect ?
I really want You to start with the deepest vacuum

near the end of the process I’ve seen my levels get as low as 300 microns or a bit below. Way back in the past before I was even doing any filtering or had a stir bar I was dumping straight crude into the SPD and able to get as low as 100 microns.

Realistically, how long should I be running the vac before turning on the heat?

1 Like

30 min the hotter the pump the better the work

Last video I watched you run and the vac levels were around 800-1000 if I can’t recall right, and that was around your cannabinoid fraction.

Have you done a vac pump oil change and changed when the pump is hot? Have you tried to isolate your pump and see the vac level without your system??

Edit…so i watched the video where you explain everything for the god know what time. I really think you need to get those vac levels way down. I see all this hoses threw the table and with all types of fittings and hose clamps. I really think before you go running that 900g. You need to start isolating your system and figuring where your vacuum pump runs directly attached to the vac gauge. Id try to bypass all that stuff going threw the table first…and just see what your vacuum pump is capable of pulling without any other obstruction or fitting.

Once you do that…add the trap…Check your vacuum again. Ive seen people run vacuum levels with your pump and a similar system pull way lower. Check out @Eastcoaststrange thread. He is using the exact same setup practically as yours but with a different cold trap…

Also, id check were you have your Kangaroo thermometer hooked up on your head for a vacuum leak…no matter what 14/20 adapter i used. I could not get that spot to seal with the thinner diameter thermometer. Once i changed that out for a cheap $3 mercury one…my whole system dropped low. Once you get that vacuum under control. I think @Soxhlet suggests running your condenser much hotter…you dont necessary to go all breaking dabs hot condenser tech but Sox advised me to run my condenser at 80c right from the jump.

Also, i think if you chilled with ramping up the temps as fast as you do…you will be able to cut your fractions way tighter.

4 Likes

Ok so i gave been checking My log books
3 year old material never gave a good color dark amber at its best
But times have changed either activated Carbon in the boiling flask or De
But as @soxlet recomended on a other tread C bleach scrub
Any one that can give up a few ounce to help this man out of C bleach ??
Colombolabs can t deliver Any time soon😢
When putting A-C /DE in the boiling flask realize that isomerization can occur for iT is often acidic
But Some Amazing color ups have been demostrated

1 Like