I make terrible distillate....why?

Ah I see unfortunately that’s what happens when big corporations try to take over an industry. They lower the price to force the smaller guy out. However with the help of these fine ppl on this site I know you will be just fine.

You could try a marketing ploy and tell ppl that the darkness is because the starting material was of a purple strain lmao :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Remove the scrubby or at least only add a very small amount. I’d be willing to bet that’s where the need for additional heat is coming from. Also add foil all the way up to the condenser with a small area for you to peek in and make sure your stir bar is as fast as it can go :). Hope this helps ya

4 Likes

Damn kilavolt… i wish i could help you out man… it bums me to see a fellow so down… i was there once man… down to my last 20 and no where to turn… you wanna put your head in the sand sometimes but you just cant fall prey to that feeling… you gotta start focusing on any ray of light that shines your way and things will beighten… sounds like a crock probably when you down… but you will pull yourself up and maybe even beyond what you could imagine right now… but you gotta want it… work for it… this fraction of your life will not define who you are or what you wanna be… its not to late to turn shit aroud homie… you have a pot full of cash… you just gotta make turn gold and then to green… you are so close… me and im sure many others are here rooting for ya…

8 Likes

As far as being late… I was in Marine Corp boot camp when I first leaened what a bad idea it was to be late…In the Marines they pick guys called Seargent Majors who have highly effective ways of training folks to be on time :wink: Generally the ideas include the entire squad so you can get help remembering…

6 Likes

I’m so fucking done with this shit…my entire life is on the line and all I can produce is this complete and utter shit and it takes me like a month to make this amount (400g roughly)

nobody wants this shit, I’m unemployed, deeply in debt, can’t even get a fucking job because I’m almost forced to make this shit just to pay for the place I make it at, I live in a tiny apartment that I haven’t even stood a single chance of getting out of for 15 god damn years.
And now with things the way they are all it means is I’m going to lose almost everything I own and end up not even back at square 1, I’ll be at square -2

There’s no market in London and when this place can finally be sold I’ll be so god damn screwed it isn’t funny. I’ll have lost the landscaping company I had,… namely because I can’t drive my truck at the moment and am stuck in a car.
So there’s a 10x10 shed full of landscaping equipment I’ll have to get rid of, and then I’ve got a whole shitload of tools that have no space in my apartment for…and then there’s just other things I own, many of which I’m already trying to sell off just in some vain attempt to stay afloat.

I put in all this time, and effort to try and make this a good quality distillate and all I end up with is the same shit I was making 2 years ago…not one iota better in any regard just took a lot more work and time for the same result.
worst of all is how I was able to ONE TIME make perfectly stable oil that didn’t oxidize…and it’s not like that makes a difference, my market is basically Toronto which I don’t stand a snowballs chance in hell of being able to sell anything there looking like this, and London, which there is also no market, and is also being flooded with the same shit that’s coming from BC…some 10kg’s/day of water clear for $8/g.

I’m so fucked here that it actually has become funny… how is it possible for someone to be so fucked…
I’m a fucking child, I don’t even know how the hell I’ve been able to survive this long, and I can’t even do the simplest shit right.

I highly doubt there will be many, if any, more posts from me. I’ve done what I could with the help of you guys and achieved no better results and am getting no further ahead.
I cannot even figure out how the hell I was able to help anyone with my videos when I’m such a failure.

3 Likes

I wish i could help ya out. What about buying the water clear at 8/g, and use that for the time being to turn a profit. Its what ive been doing for a bit now.

Its super frustrating trying ro get things just right. My entire income depends on my grow and what not.

4 Likes

cause I couldn’t sell it for more than $8 … and I don’t even know from who or where. I have no connections at all, I have no friends.
If I did this would be great, good enough oil to use for edibles, but I can’t even get those to go anywhere and people who keep telling me they’re going to help don’t seem to be doing anything at all except blowing smoke up my ass.

3 Likes

Cheer up bud, your videos definitely gave me a grasp on how this process works, and what it looks like, im grateful for them i had an idea of what to expect on top of all the reading i did on this site, so thank you for them!
i cant give you reccomendations to make your product better i dont have the experience, but the people on here definitely can and do.

I think your doing it right its just your starting material is old so its causing you issues that are hard to fix without extensive procedures…

I wish you the best and i hope you can figure it out to make it all work in your favor

3 Likes

Have you considered trying the adsorptive medias to remove the color from your crude?

3 Likes

How do you make your crude? the crc tech seems like it might solve most of your issues if you use cls to start.

1 Like

Honestly the issue here is not the operator but the equipment. Obviously as you say you bought this equipment 2 years ago and that was a time not so much info was around on this topic. For your oil you will always need to do 2-3 passes as it’s old , darker , etc… from normal material. First pass don’t focus on getting color or perfect separation. Go fast and hot. Your steps should be as follows . Winterize , scrub, hexane wash . Check ph make sure your ima good spot then boil your wax at 130c for 1hr then pour into flask and distill . Set mantle to 150c and and vacuum on with ballast open. Once mantle reaches 130 go to 180c once reaches 170 go to 210 then once 190 go to 210 then pause there for a bit and look to see what your collecting. Close the ballast and let vacuum build up if it still look watery bump up temp higher and higher till you hit thc might be till 250-270. Once it hits raise temp another 5 degree and let it pump. Once main body starts to slow down bump it higher temp till first pass Is done that is up to you. Then proceed to second pass. In second pass you want your system dry to be below 50 micron if not your setting up for failure regardless of operator input

2 Likes

I can’t get my friggin jars to seal. I stick them in my chamber, pull a vac, then release it and they remain still unsealed and un-vacc’d
I’ve tried putting a thin layer of vac grease around the seal as well…no go.
I’m just incapable of doing even the simplest of tasks it would seem.

1 Like

Try Distillate iT self as sealant

4 Likes

tried that, still couldn’t get the damn thing to vac seal. Can’t find a foodsaver jar sealer anywhere in my city either which is weird considering the places that sell foodsavers here carry just about everything else with them.

So I lined the rim of the jar with a little bit of distillate, put the lid on (without the ring and with the ring) stuck it in my vac oven and pulled a vac. Then I released the vac and it still didn’t seal.
The fucked up part is that I’ve done this before by accident … of course, story of my life.

Ebay for the jar vac sealers. Or ill ship mine out tonya if you need asap. I have reg and wide mouth.

1 Like

I can get them on amazon cheaply enough, I literally just needed one yesterday and was surprised that nobody carried them locally considering that we have stores with entire foodsaver sections.

2 Likes

Ive never seen them in stores.

1 Like

Ive searched all over my town for them and couldnt find one either, i didnt know you could do it in the vac oven, i thought it required heat and that or the food saver was the only way, im gonna try the vac oven

1 Like

Check the Tricks of the trade tread for several tecks of vacuum sealing jars in the vacuum oven :+1:

3 Likes

I just received a sample of the degumming clay mentioned above.

Am I just supposed to make a cake of this on top of the filter cake and filter through it?