I make terrible distillate....why?

Dissolve your extract in heptane/hexane and add degumming clay at a rate of 1-5% of the weight of the extract dissolved. Then wash the extract with brine water to remove the now water soluble phosphatides.

3 Likes

I don’t have nor can I get hexane or pentane

Yo. Put that back in the boiling flask. Add activated carbon and do another pass. Your welcome. Will be clear or damn close. You may have to run it once more after.

I’ve had really good luck with this manual vacuum sealer, works on any type of container with lid. You punch a hole in the lid and put a tab over it and pull the air out with the pump.

Pump n Seal https://pump-n-seal.com/

https://www.biobasic.com/pentane are they controlled substances in canada?

Also if you’re going to put activated carbon in the boiling flask make sure to neutralize the ph, you dont want any extra acids in the boiling flask. Acid + crude + heat = isomerization of cannabinoids which is undesirable.

1 Like

How do you do that?

Wash carbon with neutral ph water then bake the carbon to dry it.

Or get ph neutral powdered hardwood carbon from carbon chem, it seems to work better than anything else i’ve tried.

4 Likes

Please place this product in the Tricks If the trade tread Some pic s Maybe :grinning:

1 Like

Hey brotha. On first pass I never go over 220c it always gives me a red color.
First pass 220c Max on the mantle
Vapor temp 165-185 for main body

Second pass max it out at 205c on the mantle

Keeps the gold color. Also I always end up getting red if I have a leak. Just some food for thought. Hope all is well.

2 Likes

To vac seal a mason jar, you need to have the solution be warm, an oven at low temp will do. Once the distillate is up to temperature, seal the lid. As it cools it should create a vacuum.

Hope that helps.

3 Likes

Just replying in here to say I hope things are good also…

I have NEVER run a SPD, however I found your videos on youtube as I am beginning these stages and it helped me build a lot of understand and confidence to try and one one of these!

2 Likes

Is this what you mean by full bore?

BM

Full bore meaning no GL fittings for vac lines, larger connectivity between cow, cold trap and pump I believe

5 Likes

Pretty much what demontrich said. No hoses or gls, straight glass to glass connections and metal bellows from pump to cold trap with kf25 connections.

Www.vacuumdynamics.com has that setup if you want to see how it looks.

1 Like

we learn alot. I remember my experience having crude boil over…

First off - thank you to everyone that contributes and monitors this community. What an amazing source of knowledge.

I’m a total newbie and learning as much as possible before starting my first run. Seems like bypassing the thermometer inlet on the BF is a good thing and getting a more accurate reading on mantle temp is an added bonus. I clicked on the google link; but it seems like the item is no longer available. Can you point me in the right direction to this same item?

Does something like this work? Just placing the blue wires between the BF and mantle?

https://www.amazon.com/Proster-Thermocouple-Thermometer-Dual-Channel-Thermocouples/dp/B071V7T6TZ/ref=sr_1_5?crid=262IKOKFWH4G2&keywords=thermocouple+thermometer&qid=1560095773&s=industrial&sprefix=thermocouple+%2Cindustrial%2C186&sr=1-5

If the blue wires are heat resistant yes (often the blue aren t )

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. The product description says the sensors are rated up to 300c. I think I will give it a shot.

1 Like

@Killavolt I read your full thread. I must say, I was rooting for you the whole time. I was surprised and sad to find out you gave up. There were so many nice folks on your side. This thread has given me the confidence to dive right in and process my own supply. Knowing theres a community like this willing to be so helpful. This forum is the best.

6 Likes

I have just started investigating SPD, and I’m honestly humbled to see how well everyone managed this, the support, the care, the honesty left quite an impression on me, it’s not often to see people come together to try and make something work for someone, proof that a community cares. I wish the best of luck to the OP, and hope some of his pains have subsided.

Seriously guys, amazing.

The info, the care, the consideration, is overwhelming, and frankly refreshing.

8 Likes