I make terrible distillate....why?

I’m FIANLLY starting to get this super well filtered bho distilled today. I ended up with roughly about 1000g after carbon scrubbing it as outlined above. I added 20g of bentonite to the boiling flask and as of right now it’s pulling the vac, so I’m going to let it sit for 30 mins and pull vac before I start slowly heating it.

This will probably take me a solid few days to finish overall because I won’t be able to sit here for like 8-16 hours at a time.

6 Likes

I was wondering what happen to ya. Great to have you back as your thread is a very valuable tool for someone that’s very new to this process :clap:

3 Likes

You checked the acidity of the bentonite ???

1 Like

If vac is good You should be done in 6 hours go 4 it

2 Likes

I did not unfortunately. I couldn’t find any test strips easily. I’m just gonna wing it.

I’d love to be done in 6 hours but I just don’t see that happening if I’m following this procedure of ramping up temp slow by 5 degrees at a time and letting it dwell there until it’s at the proper temp.

I’m also going to spend more time (if necessary) letting it pull the vac low because I’m hoping to be able to distill this at a much lower temperature than like 220

3 Likes

I’m still here, but I’ll be out of material pretty soon, and this operation isnt sustainable so when the material runs out I most likely will be finished and going back to a 9-5 again. It’s sad and I don’t want to end but it just might have to.

3 Likes

Where is Home for You
Where are You located ?

2 Likes

Pffff @Killavolt
IT s 1 am in amsterdam and i am restless because of You
Reason You are stuburn
AND BELIEVE ME I WISH YOU WELL
When working with absorbants Any thing that get s in contact with your oil
Check your PH damit
Bentonite can be acitic or base and ruin your oil treu isomerization
I treuly hope You got the right one
Listen things that change If all Goes Well
Is that iT Will be tough to judge your cannabinoids on color When the fraqtion comes so keep Condenser at 50C to check viscosity of your condensate
Cannabinoids don t drip When condensor is at 50C
Once sure rise condensor temp as high as possible for cannabinoid fraqtion
Keeping My. Fingers crossed
But i had to give You this piece of mind
:pray::pray:

5 Likes

Well How Did It Go??

I’m in Ontario.
Also, sorry, don’t mean to be stubborn but I can’t put off this distillation any longer and could not find ph strips anywhere locally without running around all over the city, so I just took the chance.

This really is just temporary anyway, I’ll no longer be making any cannabis products by the end of next month most likely.
It’s not sustainable, I’m way behind on a shitload of bills and this just isn’t working out.
I’ll have to get a job and go back to making someone else rich again.

2 Likes

Ok for future reference any grow shop will carry litmus paper or pH strips

2 Likes

well then… those have to be the only places I DIDN’T go lmao. Might have to check one near me on my way home.

2 Likes

Ebay!!

Just dont belive the shipping bs. Ive been waiting 12 days for my exhaust fikter, and my new xloners are 3 days behind.

1 thing that pisses me off is being late. There is absolutely zero excuse for being late

2 Likes

Before summer i Will be most likely be in Ontario for 4 months
If i am i Will give You classes in this trade as much as i know and make sure that You should be able to have a job in this trade i promiss
If You think iT a good idea Dm Some info and i Will keep You up-to-date
That is If You want of course

6 Likes

I’m totally down for such a thing, but like I said I’ll probably be back at work by the summer without access to any lab or equipment or any location.

I’ve been doing this for about 5 years now and failed every step of the way, things are getting significantly worse and it looks like I’m going to end up having to close up shop before everything is fully legal and I would have a chance to get some products into legal dispensaries etc.

There’s a lot going on in my life, and I’m honestly chronically depressed about this and the lack of any market for anything I can make.

2 Likes

We Will figure something out make sure i can reaach you🤜

1 Like

Here’s where I’m at so far with this distillation.

3 Likes

Your not near heads yet with a vacuum that high iT still needs about 30/40 C to arive
Try to ramp your temp for these are dangerous temps for cannabinoids to be lingering in
If You have normal house fixing silicone You can try to find that vac leak by putting iT on the treads and joints
IT lets go easy once dry but helps If You get to cover the leak
So far so good :+1:

1 Like

I’m not so sure I do have a leak, I’ve been able to get below 100 microns but it doesn’t happen until the distillation is about halfway through.

Even today before I started heating it up the vacuum was around 140 microns…HOWEVER, if I turn the pump off I’ll start to lose vacuum, but not in huge increments.

At any rate, should I go higher than 220 to not let the THC linger? or should I keep it at 220 and just let it go until the vac is finally low enough?

1 Like

I cant wrap my head around why someone would rather choose to take a chance on isomerizing an entire batch of crude into less active cannabinoids and rending it almost unmarketable instead of just driving to a few stores to ask if they stock litmus paper.

I’m sorry if that sounded insensitive, I know personally that dealing with depression isn’t easy and I dont know if thats the primary reason you didnt want to put in the effort to look for ph paper.

3 Likes