I make terrible distillate....why?

How do you get the ph of baking soda to 12? Bakimg soda has a ph of 9-10 . something else would need to be used to get tour ph up to 12

Treu writing on the top of My head after a long long day No Harm intended

Fixed thx

I pretty much can’t do most of that since I can’t get hexane, and at this particular moment in my life I really don’t have the time necessary for all those extra steps until some things change one way or another and I can get back on my feet.

That being said, I’m almost ready to do the carbon scrub, I still have some ethanol left to recover from the filtered bho.

So you’re saying after I finish the carbon scrub and finally have my oil ready to distill, that I should add some bentonite clay to the boiling flask while it’s being distilled??

Yes normal cheap bentonite a tablespoon on a 1/2 liter first pass Distillate

There are these small jars for sale that. Woman use to make facial mask

we have a homebrew store here that has little packages of a few hundred grams for like $1.20

1 Like

Buy a ph paper booklet as Well to check ph of bentonite bought should be around 6-7-8 ph and give iT a go on second pass
Hope iT works out

1 Like

An other thing
If Pulling a vac on storage Jars iis out of reach try filling your Distillate in jars or bottels that after capping them there is No more air left inside none this might help with oxidation isseus

2 Likes

I have a vac oven and what not, I can vac seal the jars, but now that I’ve seen that I can make distillate that doesn’t oxidize that’s my pinnacle. I want to try and make that distillate again…first pass, light colour, stable… I did it once, so I have to be able to do it again.

2 Likes

curious about something here before I do the carbon scrub.
If it takes 30 mins @ 90C, then it stands to reason that the scrub could be done at a lower temperature for a longer period of time right?

My mantle is in use atm, so I’m thinking I could probably use my rotovap and just run it at 40C for a longer period of time to do the scrub.

Would that be an accurate assessment? would it produce the same result?

40 is to low 60C is minimum temp

you just happened to point out that I’ve been doing my evaporation wrong this whole time, when I first started I checked 40C to F, and it’s 104… I’ve been running my bath at 140F this whole time, well above 40C as needed by the 20 40 60 rule.

sooooo… thank you for that, because that I think is why I’ve been getting smell and stuff in my recovered ethanol…I’ve been boiling out other stuff too.

that being said… yeah, I can do 60C lol.
I’m currently at 72C and can’t really go any higher.

2 Likes

You won’t be able to get etoh tincture to 90c which is why many do etoh scrub in heptane

yeah I reclaimed all the ethanol and scrubbed just the oil…going to filter it somewhat soon’ish and see how it turned out.
I’m going to be really disappointed if I get the same damn result as when I was scrubbing it before in the ethanol at 80F.

but I’m also going to toss some bentonite in the boiling flask when I distill it too.

ik

s
Carbon scrub. First pass
Cheap bentonite 2% by weight boiling flask

[details=“Summary”]
This text will
[/d

3 Likes

What glue?

I used 2 components polyuretane gleu
Let dry for 24 hours and check after 4-6 hours If all holes are cleared If not get out of the way by stick or drill
Carfully

well I’m a little disappointed here, I just finished filtering out the carbon after doing the scrub hot, and on oil only, and it doesn’t look any different than when I did the scrubs in the ethanol at room temp.

Time will tell I suppose, once I get to distilling this batch.

1 Like

IT Will relax :grinning: