I make terrible distillate....why?

1 Like

Side note
@Killavolt
What coolant are you using? My glycol I have is clear. The blue would deffinately help to visually see if theres a leaky gl line or the like.

I think ill fly you and @Killa12345 to Detroit in Jan or Feb to assist me in my 1st spd run.

Lol

1 Like

Heat gun on the glass Where iT s clogging up not to hot and away from Any plastic parts

1 Like

I uhhh… I can’t cross a border currently…

Anyway I’m just using Dynalene HC50, but I added blue food colouring…errrr, actually I think in this small chiller I’m just using plain water and food colouring.

1 Like

I just set the heatgun up on a retort stand I forgot I had…so it’s hanging out there blasting 150C heat at the condenser…working well so far.

but fuck this is a slow process…

1 Like

Yep but looking good
Ok temp mantel and vac depth ?

229C and vac depth is still at about 245 microns.

Between passes You can do a cleanup
A simpel but exelent one is @Beaker
Hexane methanol and 3 % by volume water wash

I don’t have nor can I find hexane anywhere.

Ok this clearly indicates your vac lines are to long
The gauge Gives a 230 Reading but in your glass You are probably around 450/600 microns looking at the temp You are running

O No worrys by the way finish is what matters now

your going to want to get a heat lamp set up on that drip tip to keep things moving. you dont want to clog during your run.

3 Likes

I am sorry mixed up head temp 160 C You are dooing great

1 Like

fkn heat lamp…how have I never thought of that?!

The head temp is currently 177C, it’s been hanging around 170-180 a bit.

3 Likes

Check If the heatgun isn t heating up your vacuum tubbing to much those tubes hate heat

1 Like

vac lines feel cool to the touch.

1 Like

Grab a chair your in for a long day🤣

1 Like

its been a long day…again…
i started t like 11am, it’s now just about 5pm and I still have a long fucking way to go before I have all the good stuff collected.

Question, how do I know when to switch the flask to the tails flask, and how do I know when I’m fully and completely finished?

2 Likes

Yeah the golden question
Do You know what strain You are running
I see My glass wear getting an orange heu When boiling splatter onto iT
Strains with cbd tend to do this early
There Will be a slight color change And temp in the head around 220 is most likely
But You should be able to calculate volume
Say crude at 60. % cannabinoid
So 600 ml from what You have is iT
Once your collection flasks start reaching that volume You know end is near

1 Like

Most of us keep all Our boiling flask remains until suficient and give iT a pass to collect remaining cannabinoids
Beter to stop early than late
Yet You should realy push for You Will Need every drop for 2 pass to create vapor pressure