I have a bunch of ceramix carts that wont hit…

I have a bunch of carts that wont hit. I used 10% terps and each time its like a baby rip that tastes like cotton. Anyways, its the ceramics that cannot be unscrewed. I was thinking about making edibles. Only problem is eould i just crack the carts then seperate the glass from distillate? Anyone else got any better ideas?

Take the L

4 Likes

Figured theres gotta be something better than that. Used good cannabis terps too

Definately a pain to try to recover.
Maybe use heatgun to drip the oil out.
It would be cumbersome for sure

Fuck the problem is their already snapped on, i cant just unscrew the top

If you find a way to get the caps off I’ll show you how I drain em, just shoot me a dm I’ll show you how I do it. I don’t ever do press ons myself.

Multi tool the fucker off there lol

I didnt factor possible contamination tho?

See if you do that I’d suggest redisolving it so you can filter it appropriately. Personally I’d redistill regardless, call the terps a loss. But if you have to redisolve then you have to recover solvent and then distill. Plus formulate obv.

1 Like

Sorry not suggest, you HAVE to redisolve and filter. Plastic, glass, chunks of seals, etc will for sure be there if you chop em

Yes chopping would add alot of cleanup.
Maybe freezing shrink things enough to get cap to release? Never tried , reaching now lol

Have you tried warming the cartridges up to get the oil to flow into the heating element?

3 Likes

Hammer alchohol then buchner :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Honestly I’ve never understood the appeal of the press tops. I think capping is an important part of the process and we do it manually. Helps us do a final once over before packaging. And I have the packing team glance over them as well, for leaks, wonky tips, larger than normal bubbles, etc. Our defect rate is practically zero, to our knowledge.

4 Likes

I read this as brunch and now I don’t know how to feel

Save them for July

3 Likes

Might be able to get a clean-ish break if you score a line around the glass and try to snap em clean in two. Even then, there’s gonna be little bits of glass that need filtering. I’ll second the hammer followed by your solvent of choice and a buchner. Run it over a nice cake of celite, recover solvent, purge extract, and you’re done.

1 Like

I second that ^ you’re going to be filtering glass dust out. And in the end, as I’ve learned from my experience you are better off eating the loss and scrapping all those carts than putting out a bad batch. One bad lot can ruin your flow.

1 Like

You sure yours are made of glass?

6 Likes

Mine are 100%, I’ve never seen this though. That’s fucked.

2 Likes

Heat gun the lid!!! Then pop it right off

2 Likes