I have a bunch of ceramix carts that wont hit…

I use a heat gun to fix carts that have limited airflow. Keep the heat gun on low and heat the cart slowly over a half minute or so. Wiggle the heat gun to back and forth in a wide manner to avoid heating things too quickly.

Anyone know what temp is bad for carts themselves? Can they take 140f or so or does that harm seals or internals somehow? Always wondered, figured somebody has made enough carts to know this odd fact.

2 Likes

It’d be a tough question to answer definitively. Different terpenes having differing chemical compatabilities from one another.

You’d also need to know what your seals are made of.

1 Like

How many is a bunch? How much money will it cost you to reclaim, clean and redo?

We scrap anything less than 100

3 Likes

Its about 90 full g carts

A couple pliers can pull the device back apart. Grab the mouth piece and grab the base right below the glass. Make sure the surface area of the pliers are touching as much surface area of the device as possible. Wiggle apart with strength and will power. There will be no worry about broken pieces. This worked when I stopped smoking carts and had a few left over and wanted to eat the disty inside.

3 Likes

If you get the tips off cleanly, let me know. Might just be able to save those terps.

Just toss them

4 Likes

What carts exactly are you running? I can rip the tops off most snap ons with my hands. We usually have to pull 7-8 in a run if 5k icells because someone missed the top gasket. You may gets a very small chunk of ceramic from the center post in your oil, we just slowly pour through some stainless mesh sieve.

If you have a bunch, once the tops are off, rubber band em in a bundle and flip em upside down on a tray, back into the vac oven at lowish temp. Loss rate is probably 20% of the original fill. If using carts with Viton seals you can immerse the emptied carts up just shy of the glue in solvent and run them in the ultrasonic bath to get the last bit, probably not worth the effort or risk of dissolving something from the hardware though

1 Like

You can put them propped up using a wire rack or something above a glass dish, put it into the oven. you would have to figure out minimum temp, obviously dont want to burn them but needs to be warm enough that the oil will flow out, maybe 160F? All the oil will drip out of the bottom on the carts and you wont have to worry about glass dust. Just be sure to keep the temp low enough to not melt any plastic that may be used in the carts construction

Use pliers to grip the mouth piece and twist back and forth while pulling they’ll pop off

Soak the cart in ethanol (I’d use heptane if I knew it plays well w cart parts) to retrieve the disty…then heptane CRC the disty back to color?

1 Like