How to sugar crystal

Is bidirectional bottom flood first provide a added benefit? How long do you allow for saturation?

I don’t do bidirectional., nor do I soak(I go for pure diamond or live grade)…i was just helping u move cold solvent

Btw I didn’t say 10-15f …I said 10-15psi…

I like to inject just as cold as the sleeved material column is, but yes it will not move without assists from one the following, nitro vapors, a spare tank, let tank warm to + psi after cooling in cryo/ or last but not least you can inject through coil to cool solvent, there’s 4 different ways to send cold solvent

10-15psi is still really cold after warming up from cryo cold… But lately I want even colder,I’ll add nitro bump which is best

U really need gauge, and a prv if running blend on ur tank and collection I think, but that’s me

I want gauge no matter what!

3 Likes

Thanks for all the help and sorry mis-typed 10-15F meant psi. I will 100 % get a gauge on tank. I am only running butane atm but want to do blend and will get a pressure relief valve. What pressure should it be set to? I will let you know how it goes and leave you alone here for a little LOL. Thanks again

I wanna go ahead & add that you can also move solvent with good vacuum pull on your closed loop depending how you’re set up. The system I ran was a 60lb tank of tane with initial vac setup to the left on a passive ball joint line coming to my in/ return setup. Then ran to top of colum & through to collection chamber & had a lid with a extra hose port for a inline dewaxer & a super sized dryer for the return. Hooked to a sparkless vac then to a dry ice chiller that day in a dry ice iso slurry that was cryo temp to the point the only line that wasn’t frozen was the one returning the gas. But long story short, pull deep vac you’ll pull a whole tank through, just have to know how to feather the throttle :ok_hand:t3: - cheebachiefextracts

2 Likes

So I had a crazy idea no idea if it would be worth it. What if you recovered all your solvent and then pull a vac (-20hg) in the honey pot and have it sit for two weeks in the chamber on heating mat at 85°F. Would that produce sugar? Of course the setup would have to be a rack and column setup w/columns separate from the collection/honey pot that way you can use the pot as a chamber -after full solvent recovery-. Again just an idea. Perhaps a separate collection pot to clear the closer loop system of solvent but I think one could utilize two collection pots if sugar can be made directly in the pot.

1 Like

This is what greywolf used to make, called it cotton candy shatter.

4 Likes

I don’t see why it wouldn’t, it’s just the evap of the rest of solvent plus cosolvent terps, if pure it’ll happen
…I do same thing I just take it out the honey pot and seal though, so seal it up

But you wouldn’t wanna do it under vac…my understanding is that the vac will cause it not to happen…

Just RECOVEER all seal the lid, no vac, heat or not, is gonna happen, just colder it is may take longer. Leave it open it may budder “curing” to fast

I like to transfer to PTFE, makes for easier clean up and it can breathe and"cure"faster during the seal… And nothing sticks

2 Likes

Ahhhh okay, so it would be more ideal for transfer onto an oil slick parchment inside a Pyrex tray and let sit in vacuum oven no vacuum just heat.

So what if you use a splatter platter setup. After you recover all the solvent you could seal off the platter with a stainless end cap or a lid with sight glasses and a high pressure clamp. Then you could move the spool with the extractor on it to a different splatter platter and empty the system.

1 Like

Sounds like a diamond miner is all… I wouldnt worry about sealing in vessel if going in vac oven, it’ll probably act as the sealed stage just being shut… Sound like over kill for sugar…

Low heat 70-80 keep terps…I even clean mine after the crash for another 2-4 days -15to -20vac 70-80f…and oil slick paper may be Overkill, just something I’ve added

1 Like

I’ve recently been successful at making large batches of eho sugar crystals in pyrex. By the time I suspect the separation to be complete the crystals are not faceted making it extremely difficult to pour off the excess terp fraction.

Any body have methods on locking loose crystals down to the bottom for easy decanting?

My experiment started like the first picture. I left it in the oven for a couple of days then took it out. Since I needed the oven for other things this tray sat on top of the oven. The next time I looked at It I noticed the crystals starting in the thicker parts. Not sure if that is the consistency your looking for.

6 Likes

i personally love that apple sauce consistency. Like i told you just when you made that…

Jar it up and sell it homie. That is probably my favorite form of concentrate…not too seperated! and as you see it came out at 86%. Thats plenty powerful enough for retail. Especially after you know its clean!

7 Likes

It’s definitely the best form it can come! Much easier to size a dab…

And when it crashes it does something to the terpenes idk, the smell changes to me!!! Completely!!!

Nothing better!!! HANDS DOWN!

7 Likes

Yes sir, I cant wait to make some of that, clear. :fire::fire::fire: Yesterday’s Cat lll pass on all of out concentrates was a good way to start the year. :muscle::muscle::muscle:

5 Likes

this is definitely true, I wonder if someone can chime in on what happens at the chemical level here. I notice everything I jar has such a different flavor, it more resembles the plant as it was growing than any form of extract I’ve made. The dabs almost have a cooling sensation from the increased terp content

3 Likes

That has been the responses from the people that have tried the finished product. They say that the Pallet is something like fresh fruit.

3 Likes

Congrats!

2 Likes

turn gravity up!
(use a centrifuge)

2 Likes

Fresh frozen full plant run, 1 lb closed Column with dry ice sleeve, used propane n butane iso butane mix, set in vac oven at 95 with no vac for 2 hours, then pulled -15, let sit for an hour, light agitation, pull vac back to -15 and set temp to 88, left for 7 hours

Smells just like the fresh frozen material.

51gram from ~1lb

13 Likes