Only The Strong sauce tek

Higher altitude means you have a partial vacuum. So the low pressure on the out side and the high pressure on the inside are trying to equalize and the lid cant handle it. Thats the easiest way to explain.

7 Likes

How much volume would you say is lost % wise after step 6 when bring up to room temp? Every time I have tried this freeze step I had too little solvent for it to be effective, going to retry tonight at a higher ratio, thanks

1 Like

It varies. You tend to lose a bit of solvent while in the freezer. But we like to have around 2/3rds when we start the crashing phase. And 1/3rd or less when we tighten the lid

8 Likes

80-100psi

3 Likes

Hey i just wanna remind people about pressure pots for painting. They are generally rated to around 100 psi at least, you can fit quite a few Mason jars in them, they are cheap, coated with pretty solid materials, and you can just hook heating pads to them. I’m currently doing a batch that I pressurized with a nitrogen tank. Will report back…

36 Likes

a centrifuge works well and with no additional solvents

4 Likes

most recrystallizations ive seen for thca in white papers use evaporation of the solvent to drive supersaturation instead of the hot solvent method. i always thought if the shift was too fast the thca would just crash out as an oil. i mean u can control and slow cooling too but ive never seen thca recrystallized in a day lik u can do with simplier crystals

5 Likes

Do you have a tech on this method? How much rcf and what solvent matrix was used?

Would a manual centrifuge work for separation? Could I also achieve good separation with terp sauce with smaller crystalline?

1 Like

- YouTube 1hour07min. is all about dem gs son. if u can keep them at that g force for that long then yes. if u wanted to separate small amount a stationary bike powered one might work but even that would hav to be painstakingly engineered and balanced so that it doesnt break itself

9 Likes

i can link u some patents but patents all arent of equal value. most r only good for the broad strokes

http://actachemscand.org/pdf/acta_vol_29b_p0379-0384.pdf

last ones the best

1 Like

Amazing info man thank you very much. Is there a brand or specific centrifuge you would recommend? (Currently working in the medical market.)

If the isolate is decaboxylated could this be a more efficient way of making THC distillate?

3 Likes

lol i just posted a paper about that in a different topic

1 Like

I haven’t found any increase of crystallization from using the vessels

1 Like

How long do you pressurize your jars in the pressure canner?

1 Like

Leave more solvent in if you are applying pressure

14 Likes

It’s not really for a “increase.” It’s more in my opinion to speed things up…where as just using jars takes a little longer.

3 Likes

Its more about safety and terpene retention than it is increase of crystallization.

8 Likes

Which alkane is preferred for washing the crystals ?

3 Likes

Pentane would probably be best.

8 Likes