How to set up a twister t4 trimmer

I’ve had a few ppl dm me asking how I set up my Twitter t4 trimmer. Since I’m setting it up. Ow for trim day tomorrow, here ya go.

Materials needed
2x 2x4 or 2x3 pieces of wood (1.5’ long and true)
Level

Place lower unit with fan on wood
Place level on the front left and right corners.
Adjust front left peg so the bubble is just past the line to the right
Place level on back left and right corners.
Adjust back peg so the bubble is just past the line to the right (like above)
Double check to make sure both front and back are set to the same spots (just past the line on the level (see pic).
Tighten lock nut to secure peg in place.
Double check again with level.
You want a slight down pitch. This allows the untrimmed flower to be in the battle long enough to be trimmed, but NOT too long to make round goofball nuggets. That’s No good!

Place upper unit on lower unit.
Secure neoprene collar around shround and fan
Plug in upper unit to lower box on fan
Secure trim bag

Setting the knife blades for use. Using an allen key, turn on machine minus fan, slowly turn IN the dial until you hear a very faint “tick”. This is the bed knife hitting on the rotating blade.

Done

Cleaning is super easy
Remove upper unit from lower unit

Upper unit
Remove motor assembly, belt cover and belt
Wipe down with 99%iso towel
Remove bed knife bolts x2 (set aside)
Flip bed knife up
Remove barrel (carefully!)
Spray with simple green or ipa
I use a toilet bowl brush to scrub barrel clean
Set aside
Take upper unit to car wash
Spray with simple green or ipa
Let soak 10 mins
Power wash off thoroughly
Use the spot free rinse option last
Dry fully

Lower fan unit
Remove fan cover screws
Spray inside fan with simple green or IPA
Let soak
Use a brass bristled brush and clean inside
Rinse well
Let fully dry

Put back together and cover for next use.

My 1st t4 I had over 190 hrs and looked brand new still. My current one has just over 20hts, and looks brand new.

12 Likes

respekt

1 Like

Which took you longer, writing this, or cleaning and setting it all up? Nice job!

2 Likes

Got any nug pics from this thing? Really interested to see how it turns out

3 Likes

I’ve been using twister t4 for about 4yrs now. It takes me longer to type it up. Its 5mins to set up.

Literally 30mins run time for 3.5lbs dried. This is a wet trim, so I have 4x 30 gal tubs of flower to process.

@cyclopath
It puts the flower in the tube (trimmer in this case)
Lol

I personally can run 2x t4 at once. 1x t4 amd 1x centurion pro at once also. This is why I charge 100/hr for my service. I’ll make your trim wooks pissed when I show up and tale all your work.

7 Likes

If you go back 4+yrs on the major grow forums (same screen name), I’ve posted hundreds of pics. Any and all my flower pics are t4 trimmed. I have pics on here also, gotta search for them.

3 Likes

Lol alright…

Doesn’t make sense to me why you wouldn’t post a finished product pic. Not going to search to find one.

Thanks!

1 Like

I borrow my neighbors centurion pro for the little stuff and make the wife hand trim the tops.

3 Likes

Yes pls post pics!.. I’m kinda surprised you’d use the machine with only 3.5# to do.

Also what benefit are you seeing with the wet trim over dry?

1 Like

Naw, you have to go search for them

2 Likes

5 Likes

They are a 10min+ deep search in my phone. I’m kinda busy atm.

3 Likes

I have rheumatoid arthritis. My hands dont like to work after 30mins of trimming.

5 Likes

From my experience 1 #’ can be an half to whole work day, why not cut that down to a few minutes especially when it’s difficult to tell difference between hand trim and t4. TBH I felt like my hand trimmed beat it up more then the twister

1 Like

@Demontrich nugshot

5 Likes

I still use scissors … lol
I love growing but fkn hate trimming.
If the T4 is genuinely as good as hand trimming I will start saving up to buy one. ( i havent searched yet but i bet its atleast 35k lol )

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/Twister-Trimmer-Machine-Leaf-Collector/dp/B00NCGFNZQ

$8600 USD

3 Likes

Yes !!! I’m actually looking now, i have found one for $7500.

Ok, this is still alot of money for me … But it’s not insane.
So long as the machine lasts, is serviceable and i can get spare parts, I will seriously think about getting one for my next house.
I will only run maybe 60Kg through it in a year. Ok i will rent it to friends and stuff but a max of 100Kg a year. I think it should last me my lifetime.

I need to buy one brand new second hand from one of you beautiful people so i can get around paying import tax lolo :rofl:

2 Likes

It will pay itself off within 3 months if your doing 100kg per yr…

@ $20hr labor, 8hrs per pound hand trimming = $160. $7500 divided by $160 = 47#'s til break even.

3 Likes

Found a heavily used t2 twister (retails for 14k or so) for 4500 on here last year. After a thorough cleaning it’s a monster. I can unequivocally say it’s the best money I’ve ever spent, it’s given me my life back. Clients cannot tell it’s not hand trimmed. Try Google searching t4 or t2 twister with Craigslist in the search. Make sure to narrow down the search to the past month.

2 Likes