How to remove more taste/smell from distilate

My distill i got donated smell funny but is still gold but also I have another liter that is dark is there a way to brighten it at home I know distillate has a lot to it but I know you guys know some tricks

Redistill it. There’s probably some terps left in it.

2 Likes

Sonication.

Do you have vacuum?

I’ve had success with water washing distillate in a canning jar with near boiling water

Let it cool upside down to drain the water.

It will need time at 70-80C in a vac oven when you’re done

4 Likes

Explain this

Ive played with this and found the distillate sinks to the bottom?

I found it varied with temp.
Lava lamp style.

there is always the possibility I was hallucinating again :wink:

Edit: Video linked below.

3 Likes

Heat disty till its mobile, 70-80C, place jar in sonicator, run for aboot 20 min. Smell disty. Repeat till the smell is acceptable. The principal here is that sonication will agitate the distillate and allow any trapped gasses to escape the distillate. Sonicators are not cheap but very useful for homoginization.

1 Like

Water wash. Push the unwanted shit out so it won’t distill out.

1 Like

10A molecular sieve beads.

Resuspend the distillate in 7-10 volumes of 90-95% food-grade ethanol, add ~300 ml of these beads (per 5L of ethanol+distillate), and let it sit overnight at room temp. Use vacuum filtration through a 1um filter and some diatomaceous earth to remove the beads and any dust/particulates.

Make sure the beads are bone dry before you use them (e.g., put them in hot lab oven for 30-90 min).

1 Like

How do I do a water wash

1 Like

I did this one in a microwave…

But… without a vacuum oven, getting the water out is non-trivial…

1 Like

Search bar is the only way.

3 Likes

This is IV bag feeding. @cyclopath is way past the spoons.

6 Likes

Next time I need some help I’m asking for the IV bag lol

4 Likes

I’ve had flame liters I’ll post it Incase y’all don’t believe but this is the shit I’m talking bout smell weird

This is the normal for me

You got a better way to get the dihydrogen monoxide into a horse?

I was advised that holding their heads under was inappropriate…

9 Likes

That looks like first pass :poop:

Tell me about it bro first time last time how do I water wash or home techniciqur I have a megentic stirrier