How much should hash rosin cost?

Or for people that like Rosin.

1 Like

For the quality of rosin that sells for 100 a gram you need more than a press. You also need a 3k+ freeze dryer and a bubble hash setup. It’s usually at least 4-5k to get started even for personal use. A lot higher barrier to entry than diy bho.

2 Likes

If we are talking entry level on both sides I think bubble bags, ice cubes, and some harbor freight engineering is closer to that entry level cls from chinatown than u think.

7 Likes

Are the returns from rosin comparable to bho?

I see the prices are 2-4x higher, but if you’re getting 1/2 as much then that is negated some.

I have a bias for bho obviously, but from a business standpoint I’d think rosin would be easier to do, from a cost and license perspective at least.

2 Likes

Case of butane and a blast tube or jars is the cheapest entry level option by far, talking open blast which unfortunately people still do. If you at least run a vac purge chamber you are now paying about as much as you would for the cheapest rosin setup. @Capttripppp was talking 100 grams which nobody is getting without a freeze dryer, but yes it can be done cheaper and be still good quality. Just not quite anything people will pay top dollar for.

Similar returns from flower rosin yes, hash rosin no. Great hash rosin yield is around 10-15%. Great flower rosin return is 18-25%.

Ime bho is much less labor intensive and more easily reproducible. Pressing rosin is a little bit more of an art form and takes quite a bit of practice to get the variables perfect. Especially for flower rosin, which is why most flower rosin sucks.

2 Likes

1600 a zip if it’s fire here in CO so right around 60/g when bought in bulk. Black market prices

1 Like

Those rosin boi cold rooms cost as much as our extraction rooms do. Those guys are spending upwards of 100k on their wash/cold rooms and insulated washing equipment.

5 Likes

That’s looks so dry and terpless. You got custied, pretty hard.

11 Likes

Stayed on the plates too long or a shitty freeze dryer setting more than likely

1 Like

I’ll take that challenge all day. Any day. And last year.

How about I run the same exact material as these people you speak of and we’ll compare yields, terpene retention, and cannabinoids.

It is physically impossible for rosin to have more/better terpenes.

This terpene list shows all of the terpenes that are also an alcohol, the ones that end in “ol” and have it in a spelling. Those terpenes will and do wash away with water. Start looking into LLE extraction and what we’re pulling out with the water. Personal opinions aside, the science doesn’t lie, regardless of “feelings”.

Then, you’ll put it in a freeze dryer that cycles from cold to hot to dry it out (terpenes are wet, jus sayin), under vacuum for two days. Terps under deep vac and heat for a day. iT hAs MoRe TeRpS. Then, then you’ll press it with as low as 160-165f up to 220 or higher because yIeLdS. With all of this abuse to your end product, you’re still going to grind your teeth and tell me it’s better?

6 Likes

Not trying to be a dick but most people making decent hash dry at 30-40f. I nuked and reinstalled my harvest right firmware just to achieve this

9 Likes

You’re not being a dick, you’re giving a good rebut.

Even with that, it’s still under more abuse than my end product. And most guys freeze dryers are going over 100f to dry out the water, that I’ve seen.

I’d like to see a hash guy let me wash their prize material that they say is better than bho. Guys like planet hash, the only reason he is making hash and not bho is because of regulations, not because he wants to. But, massive props for not letting that stop him or his forward progress.

I bet the vast majority of em don’t do this.

Personally, I’d rather just wash with ln2 and have only one wash, more terps, not have to waste time, or need a cold room and probably not need the freeze dryer for so much water removal, or at all. There is also a good amount of small hash bois that do this and don’t say they do so that the clear scientist doesn’t try to sue them. That could also be why some of the hash out there is better than the others

3 Likes

The biggest issue with that is harvest right sets their dry temps to 120f out of the box and only lets you drop it as low as 75f - unfortunately these people just have no idea the machines have been neutered in such a way. Honestly the only difference between the HR home and pharma units is the stainless steel finish. My HR home is running a pharma firmware and operates just fine - but also my full cycle is about 24 hrs now instead of 12

3 Likes

Rosin is one of those weird things that scale to be less efficient. You can dry hash extremely quickly in the high desert by just setting it outside.

If elected to trust level 4, I would release the secrets of low effort hash making

7 Likes

Dude nail on the fuckin` head. If it can’t kill you it’s not much fun to play with

3 Likes

Just don’t wear lots of clothing. Insulation and thick clothes to keep you warm are capable of soaking up lots of ln2 then freezing the shit out of you. Loose clothes, shorts, and maybe flip flops. You don’t want ln2 to get stuck on you.

But I would fuck with ln2 hash. Not as much as a wast of time and the need for 3-5 washes is completely unnecessary

1 Like

Sir, please, you are giving away campaign secrets

4 Likes

Personally i’ve never had ln2 made hash and fuck I want some

It’s hard to sue everyone for using ln2 vs just a few people.

And knowing the right equipment for this endeavor is also imperative