How many cans is in a tank?

Just curious, how many cans of butane equates to a 50lb tank (24lb butane). Trying to figure out how much tane has been wasted in the past lol

2 Likes

Depend on the cans approximately 5 cans is 2lbs

1 Like

Let’s say just power 5x or something along those lines. 300 ml. Really 5 cans is 2lbs?!

1 Like

Yes i believe so.

Why do people not use the solvent out of the cans if that’s the case? That’s would equal 38.4 lbs of solvent per Master case. I can source master cases for 100-125 a case (96 cans)

Bottles are easier and cleaner and i believe its cheaper also.
If i remember correctly cans have an accelerant added to them also

4 Likes

Over the years I’ve realized that 300ml is close to .3 lbs of gas. So 3x cans of 300ml is really close to a lb of gas. This is roughly a ballpark to know how many cans needed to fill a tank

And not all gas is the same. I like knowing the make up of my gas. I don’t like the surprise propane or heavier hydrocarbons like iso penetane in my mix which making purging a pain in the ass.

9 Likes

Not from my math. Xtractor depot is $240 for refill. Hfs was 180. These tanks only hold 24 lbs. One could easily distill the solvent from the cans to clean it.
So just to reiterate I can get 38 lbs for 100-125 in cans. Or I can get a refilled tank (24lbs) for $180-240

1 Like

I’m all for tanks only. American gas only. Just my preference.

Most of us are making medicine @anon60420198. It’s our responsibility to insure our patients(me) have the healthiest cleanest medicine possible

Strictly my opinion.

7 Likes

How do you expect to separate the propane from the butane if you buy cheap cans. And what happens when those cheap cans…probably the ones your looking at are super heavy propane.

4 Likes

Cleanliness aside, your time should be worth more than a hundred dollars to use a tank.

2 Likes

This topic is just purely for the sake of conversation. Im personally running a tank of pure n-tane.

1 Like

Fair enough. We all had to start somewhere. I remember the can tapper days…

Butane weight is 0.6 kg a liter so. I Freezse a collection pot in Brine water and ice cubes -4C vent the tank till depleted of pressure and recover to cilinder
On a scale tilll scale say s 80% of volume is met
So volume cilinder times 0.6 kg - 20% is the weight i fill
Check the calculators on line

1 Like

Haha can tappers. The birth of the cls brought some funny fixes.

How do you all think I know the weight of cans so well?? :joy::rofl::joy:. We have all be there.

7 Likes

Damit i still am No choice You live in luxuary pfff :mask:

1 Like

How did u plan to do butane bucket tek if you’re tapping cans lmao

Put all frozen cans lined up in a guther that ends in. The bucket and shoot a riffle bulet treu
Leave all drain buket is full and rinse🤣
No seriously i don t use a can tapper i place can with lighter nozzzel direct in a s flare 1/4" on a 12 " colection pot with ball valve in dryice slurry If You pull a real hard vacuum on the pot before start all cans get sucked once full
Place in salt water ice and vent off
7000 400ml cans last year Thank god for minions

2 Likes

3 300ml cans is about a pound. The time saved from tapping cans is worth it in itself.

1 Like