How do we start a new “group” on here?

The title is self explanatory. I’ve searched, I’ve read, and can’t figure out how to do it. Maybe it’s my mobile version, idk…

6 Likes

Is this it?

What do you want? A private group? Make a big group chat and invite specific members

3 Likes

“Add new user”

4 Likes

Will this go over 500 messages

1 Like

i dont think any private message allows over 500… Even the moderators deal with it at 500… some how we can still post though but it will close after each message…

3 Likes

How many people have access to everyone’s dm’s
Just @sidco? Or all the leaders?

1 Like
2 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

I was referring to the groups. Group dm/pm works, but by the time you’re on the 4th message set it’s hard to go back and find stuff. Was thinking a group might be easier🤷‍♂️

You also have to go back through and re-invite everyone to the next new message. Thought being able to start a group might help, but I could very well be wrong.

3 Likes

What kind of group would you like? I assume you mean you want a private sub category associated with that group too? Else the group would only be able to communicate in DM form…

1 Like

That’s what we have now but can’t go over 500 msg.

3 Likes

Any opposition to granting “worthy” individuals private groups with associated private subs?

9 Likes

Dooooooo it!

4 Likes

I was just talking to @sidco about this. I think it’s a good idea.

4 Likes

Just to be clear: Sub category for members who want to janny their own category like it was their own forum, their own rules, whatever they want. I can see that idea working as mini manufacturer forums, we can do this.

I am not sure how to take that idea and overlay it to the whole forum. We’ve been talking about it enough at this point lets just make a publicly viewable category that will host these invite only subcategories. Group owners would essentially be moderators of sub categories and kick people out as they see fit.

How to make those groups fairly and not to anyone who asks or pays is beyond me. I think I’d start with folks who have had an issue with content moderation but are obviously players and contributes and offer them the idea. There are forums that allow this type of moderation where a user can make their own board, reddit and OpenIB by Code Monkey ★ work this way. For us it would be manual work.

7 Likes

Terp Club let’s go

5 Likes

Let’s call it “pot snobs”. Although “the epic cut club” might be more accurate.

This group requires no moderation, as we are all adults capable of self moderation and civil discourse.

12 Likes

This. It’s just a way for a group of friends to talk without all the extra BS.

9 Likes

I think its just sidco but not sure

1 Like

New category:

“Invite Only”

Has 1 open thread for users to request new groups and associated subs, which have group security settings

And then pretty sure we can assign any member admin duty to specific groups, right? Thus allowing them to moderate who uses their private subs

Too bad it doesnt give us a third level of sub categorization

-Invite only

- DrStank Group

- His own Thread A
        - His own Thread B
7 Likes