How do I prevent getting distillate in the waste side

How in the heck did you do this? I was taught that you have to oversize your vfd to at least 1.5x motor hp.
That didn’t burn the vfd?

1 Like

F=ma. Force and mass are fixed. Change acceleration.

We also told it to try harder. In all sorts of ways.

Ended up at about 5hz iirc. And most limits set to 200% of suggested.

But it rotated and did so till I got it down to about -30C, at which point the added drag from the cold ethanol beat us.

Guy that showed me was also known for running centrifuge motors at 120hz and beyond. I recall him mentioning 6000rpm out of a nominal 1800rpm centrifuge. That may have involved altering the gearing as well.

4 Likes

:exploding_head: wow!

1 Like

Yep electrickery is all kinds of fun once you know to wiggle it just right :shushing_face:

Refusing to take “I’m sorry Dave…” as an answer helps.

4 Likes

If you can’t fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem. Confucious AD 47.

6 Likes

Glad someone understands my whirled: I can nay get the power Captain!

1 Like

@XrangerX420X I called and talked to Nick at chemtech today on another note and he’s always willing to help you figure out what’s going in. He will send a note to his installers and other clients on your behalf. Maybe this can help you get to the bottom of your raff side getting disty coming over.
Have you changed any of the orings or seals in your tool? It may be time for an overhaul.

1 Like

My boss wanted me to check and see if this SOP is for a helderpad?

1 Like

@NewLevelProcess posted these parameters a while back. I think they will work for both systems as they are almost identical.

Could you post some contact info. If he’s a chemtech rep, I’d like to speak to him directly.

DM you his #

1 Like

Which waste is collecting the ‘good distillate?’ Where the black stuff goes or the cold trap?

I had a problem with blow over into the external condenser cold trap and it was caused by my internal condenser not being hot enough on the last passes. The disty crystallizes on the internal condenser and built up until it could pour over into the vacuum feed and ended up in the cold trap.

2 Likes

its not going to the cold trap, its fractioning into the residue side.

If it’s going to residue it’s not fractionating anywhere it’s just draining by gravity.

1 Like

oh, ok. so what can i do to change that? so im not losing good product

Is your evaporator temp the wall the wipers are wiping against?

yes it is

Seems about 30 degrees too low for that vacuum level.

I have a generic wiper and a vacuum pump in need of an oil change that pulls 40-60 milli torr and my final pass is at 185 evap 100 internal condenser.

ok, thank you. ill try inputting these numbers, run em, and see if that helps.