Hemp Harvesting Question

I am looking for an attachment that can simultaneously harvest, strip the stalk and mulch the biomass. Please call/text me at 727-543-3419 if you’re aware of anything that would work.

it’s very late in the season, and I know prices are atrocious, but direct to mulch seems a little defeatist…

If you’re not planning on extracting this yourself, I would suggest you talk with your extraction partner before “mulching” fresh from the field. I assume you have time, because you’re looking at your next harvest…but my knowledge of Florida’s growing season(s?) is limited.

different extraction methods (and extractors) have their own optimal/prefered biomass grind and dryness. Landing too far from that optimum, in a market as tight as this one, may affect your ability to get it processed or sold.

maybe one of these hits to Search results for 'harvester' - Future4200 ?

no idea what comes out the end of a screw press after feeding it field fresh biomass, but you might look into that…

maybe @Dirteagle has a solution?

2 Likes

This would be for biomass harvested in Oregon. Thanks for all your feedback. Much appreciated!

1 Like

According to Michael at Hielscher Ultrasound Technology www.kannamill.com makes the best grinders and millers in the industry.

In regards to @cyclopath comment about needing to prep differently based on what you are using the biomass for, the attached technical paper .pdf goes deep into the subject. The picture below was also useful for me.

AOAC-Patti-Article.pdf (2.7 MB)

1 Like

What’s your budget?

Don’t have one. Please let me know what you think is best. Thanks!

I can build one. You’re looking at $90-100k. Single row harvester/combine.

1 Like

This is what you’re looking for methinks:

https://rockyfordharvesting.com/

That puts the hemp on the ground. Loosing a lot of trichromes.