Hemp Derived D8 Disty

Only a judge can decide this interpretation.

Yes the law defines it as legal, that was clearly not its intent and will be fought. If they lose, they will likely just change the law.

Until then, it’s highly risky for anyone selling, legal or not.

Being technically correct won’t help when they raid your facility or home, shoot your dog, and take your product for weeks/months while a judge decides.

6 Likes

you know if you ask an undercover cop if they’re a cop, if they’re a cop… they have to tell you.

4 Likes

I think the intention of the isomers clause was to stop a scenario like “idaho seizes hemp because it contains CBG which is a THC analogue” and other frivolous analogue act prosecutions.

I mean ask yourself, is there a person in America who’s fully thought out opinion is “D9 should be schedule 1 but D8 is not as bad so it’s ok to be legal”? No way was that line of thinking on anyone’s mind.

This is directly from David who works close with the DEA, FDA, and USDA

He already has his plant material approved for food items

Hes ahead of the curve

They meant for this to happen.

You can see even the DEA said what he said is correct

And to change the definition of the farm bill itll take congress and the president

It’s not going to change, think what you want though

I’ll be pumping out liters of d8 from hemp as soon as tomorrow

I’m in Denver for another couple days, hmu I’ll give you some d8 from hemp to try for free

6 Likes

Is D8 in a decarboxolated form?

The law here clearly states it’s D9-THC+(THCAx0.87).

I guarantee most Congress members who approved the farm bill don’t even know what d8 THC even is, most cannabis users don’t, why would congress ?

1 Like

Im right there with ya. still though, whats the market value of a liter? 4K? 5k? 6k?

3.5 now that everyone is cranking them out

2 Likes

Very true, but under certain circumstances (like being exposed or life is threatened), legally they can say “no”. And your in deep crap.

No this is absolutely untrue I was being very sarcastic

My point is, unless there is some serious legal evidence- do not trust a single thing that someone looking to bust you for perceived crimes tells you

5 Likes

If one were to sell it, a disclaimer stating not for human consumption and research use only may help avoid some of the risk.

Again, it depends on so many factors, the wrong locality deciding they want to bust you could lead to negative outcomes for owners, employees, and their dogs.

Have known many dogs shot, too many people arrested to tell others it’s all good and not to be prepared for the potential of negative outcomes.

Many don’t want even hemp to be legal.

It also depends on users consuming responsibly. Many do not and a single hospital visit by a child could lead to very negative media attention.

2 Likes

same brudduh

1 Like

Can speak that dabbing cbd isolate will not test you positive on drug tests

1 Like

Doesnt apply to schedule 4s

As stated above theres loop holes

Please explain how marijuana is hemp

Because even the DEA said hemp isnt there jurisdiction anymore

I understand your concern the law is black and white

See where it says the CSA and drug code 7350 only apply for marijuana extracts?

Hemp isnt marijuana

Are you saying it is?

Because I can show you the definition if youd like

The second paragraph in what I circled even says

“The new drug code includes only those extracts that fall within the CSAs definition of marijuana”

Then right below it it talks about how if your extract didnt come from something that’s considered the CSAs definition of marijuana it doesnt apply

Hemp isnt marijuana man

Idk how you can argue with the fact the CSA specifically talks about Marijuana when it’s right there

You must be in denial

1 Like

Drug code 7370 is what makes d8 illegal

Heres the loop hole

Not sure how you can argue with this

" However, as indicated above, if a product, such as oil from cannabis seeds, consisted solely of parts of the cannabis plant excluded from the CSA definition of marijuana, such product would not be included in the new drug code (7350) or in the drug code for marijuana (7360), even if it contained trace amounts of cannabinoids. 5"

If you’re product comes from something not considered marijuana then it wont gall under drug code 7350 or 7360 which are the codes for marijuana and marijuana extracts

Now heres where it gets good

Read *5

" Nor would such a product be included under drug code 7370 (tetrahydrocannabinols). See Hemp Industries Association v. DEA , 357 F.3d 1012 (9th Cir. 2004) ( Hemp II )."

This means that delta 8 from hemp would not fall under the CSA if not produced from marijuana

Along with the definition of hemp, which makes isomers and any derivative as long as its under .3% d9 legal, they cant win.

2 Likes

"The Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018, which was signed into law on Dec. 20, 2018, changed the definition of marijuana to exclude “hemp”—plant material that contains 0.3 percent or less delta-9 THC on a dry weight basis. "

This is the DEA specifically stating hemp is excluded from the definition of marijuana

Link above

3 Likes

I’ve stated numerous times I agree with your reasoning.

Local police in most places won’t know the difference. Most Congress members won’t either.

I’m not sure how else to say it. You can be right and still have your lab raided.

Why is that so hard to get across. It being legal doesn’t mean it’s still not a risk

Are you saying every police department and district attorney are going to be experts on the differences?

@Kingofthekush420

12 Likes

Plot twist:
This guy was arrested and jailed for donut glaze then awarded $37.5k for his losses.

What would a licensed lab get back if they were to get raided and won in court?

6 Likes

There is not enough money in the world to go through that stress of that.

10 Likes

Exactly, could post any of the numerous cases of raids causing damage and death, many cases even to the wrong address.

Cannabis is cannabis, many are still strongly against it. They don’t take the time to learn what the law says, a determined cop can easily ruin your day or worse

I’m confused as to why saying it’s a risk means it can’t also be legal. They are not the same thing.

3 Likes