Hemp Derived D8 Disty

Is D9 free, hemp derived, D8 legal in the same sense as CBD?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Also, what’s the market look like for this? Produced in an ODA certified hemp lab BTW.

6 Likes

As far as the ODA is concerned, it is. And my reading of the legislation is the same as theirs. I would still be cautious about shipping it though there’s probably someone itching to make a test case out of it

3 Likes

id be interested for sure. If you have any intention on selling a kilo please let me know

2 Likes

My understanding (or lack thereof, I’m not a lawyer), is that D8 falls into a bit of a legal grey area. It’s NOT D9 which is explicitly controlled under federal law and the recent hemp bills; however, it is an isomer (same chemical formula, but different bonds) of D9 and according to the DEA’s own website:

"These lists describes the basic or parent chemical and do not necessarily describe the salts, isomers and salts of isomers, esters, ethers and derivatives which may also be classified as controlled substances. These lists are intended as general references and are not comprehensive listings of all controlled substances.

Please note that a substance need not be listed as a controlled substance to be treated as a Schedule I substance for criminal prosecution. A controlled substance analogue is a substance which is intended for human consumption and is structurally or pharmacologically substantially similar to or is represented as being similar to a Schedule I or Schedule II substance and is not an approved medication in the United States."

There may be a recent clarification I’m unaware of, but the above makes it sound as if the Feds could prosecute and control D8 the same as D9 if they wanted under current law.

4 Likes

@mcpikeig

Heres the definition of hemp from the farm bill

Notice the word isomer is highlighted?

Any isomer from legal hemp is legal as long as its under. 3% d9

Also the CSA only applies to marijuana extracts

2 Likes

If you read the comments at the end of this article you can see a discussion between me and an attorney on this issue.

https://cannabusiness.law/usda-draft-hemp-regulations-are-out/

3 Likes

That’s the same claim I’ve always made

Marijuana is not hemp and so the CSA no longer applies to it

Glad to see others thinking in similar ways

2 Likes

In a similar vein you can make the argument that the analogue drug Act does not apply in a case where something has been explicitly legalized.

1 Like

The analogue act is part of the CSA and does not applied to hemp :wink:

I’ve done a ton of research on this

4 Likes

My reservation would be the new usda drop…which is not finalized yet…
Any thc over .3%
Definitely Grey
Plus, what exactly is the lab gonna show? If you disagree if they’ve made it say thc…the burden is on you in appeals.
Wanna have no hair cut, be in red and cuffs and explain to a judge what d8 is?
Also, Epstein didn’t kill himself so :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

saw 1g vapes for 60 retail.

delta 8 vape pen

4 Likes

Everyones points are valid. I side with @Kingofthekush420 but i also agree with @anon86230761. You dont want to be the person who gets fucked by this. But with great risk comes great reward :slight_smile: if we decided to start making d8 carts we would be nice and discreet about it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Did they say any THC over .3% or total THC over .3%? Cause total THC is Delta 9 and potential Delta 9 not Delta 8

Its only d9 no one even really knows about the others. I would say i have had a pretty good knowledge of cannabis and i knew about d8 for a while but i only started to learn about d10 and d6 once I really into all these conversions. D9 is the main thing everyone is talking about for sure.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5IdVKmhGyy/?igshid=1lwbgkwomkgym

Idk if you guys know who theyogiBear13 is on IG

He works closely with the FDA and DEA and shit

Hes a really smart dude

He explained some very interesting things about the regulations to me

I’d recommend reading the slides I linked to on my IG above

The wording in the farm bill cannot easily be changed

3 Likes

From what happened with k2 and spice…you can definitely walk away with millions. But hang on one week too long, and you’re bankrupt and doing time in the Fed.
Quick pro tip
HHC doesn’t fail piss test

5 Likes

its Time to vote - legalize it
No restrictions
No tax
No nada
Taco stands everywhere
Are we free?!

2 Likes

HHC is the futureee

4 Likes

Come on now boys dont be keeping secrets…whats HHC. I couldnt find much on google typing HHC lol

1 Like

You’re right.