Help on decarb diamond

You are not asking NEW questions. You are asking noob questions.

That is not derisive. It is fact.

If you are not asking NEW questions, the answers are already here. All you have to do is find and understand them. Asking clarifying questions in extant threads helps the next noob, and keeps information organized.

Yep, language barriers suck.

And vacuum makes a great antioxidant…ideally you’d suck on your thca isolate when heating so it doesn’t turn purple…

1 Like

I never said new but basic
Basic for a noob , just ask people to reply with different way or speaking and I get some , refresh is not a bad thing , we are not speaking about sending a man on the moon . But making thc cart. I m old skool I like to spea k directly to people.
Teaching and learning is only repeating .
I admit that I should read more and more.
No worries later chatGapt will do the job , and then no more noob around just big professional.

But thanks for your time and you reply I will study the forum deeper , believe me with family and work I’m spending lot of time on it but maybe not enough.

1 Like

Have you read any of the links provided so far?

1 Like

Yes just not the last one I will study it
But I just have a kitchen oven so it might change the equation

Where can I buy this kind of materiel ? I rely searched but I can’t find

Don’t use an oven!!

Air is an absolutely horrible thermal transfer medium.

For small volumes, I use 100C. Simply because it is obtainable, repeatably, essentially anywhere, and doesn’t require a thermometer to verify.

If you need hotter, use an oil bath. You can trivially add temp control to a small crockpot…

Highly recommend everyone read that entire thread…

12 Likes

Thanks for your advise
Wich can of glass jar do you use to let co2 goes but don t l’été the buble water for inside ?
And can you let me know when we say 5% terp to add its 5% from the 100% total or from the diamond ? I know verry noob question sorry

Do the math, how different are those?

100g post decarb + 5g => 4.76%

Vs 95g thc + 5g terps => 5%

It’s not rocket surgery. It’s “to taste”.

Aka it doesn’t #^€£^# matter…at least until you’re doing this for profit in a regulated market. In which case less is more profitable…so long as it hits the taste metric

3 Likes

Sure totally stupid question I agree on it …
So for you adt Cdt +can and HTE is worthless ? Or it can have some interest to get larger spectrum

We distill our HTE to get CDT.

One can absolutely mix and match either for taste or some notion of “full spectrum” as your goal.

Not all “terps” are created equal. Not all strains taste good to all users. Assuming this is for personal use, simply read on how folks are making carts, and get in there.

Last time I decarbed in a jar in boiling water, it took almost six hrs in a typical “1g” concentrate jar. Mind you, there was water in the extract (clients attempt at fresh frozen bho, before I got there), and 6grams in the jar.

After decarb, I loaded a used one gram cart after microwaving extract to reheat (limited tooling in hotel room)

It doesn’t have to be complicated…

1 Like

took me like 6 or 7 days to fully decarb diamonds at 215f just in a vac oven.

1 Like

Did you have the vac on?

“Nothing” is an even worse thermal transfer medium than air

:shushing_face:

3 Likes

Nope. But, look :eyes: ing at it critically certainly helps with the next one

1 Like

Hello everyone

I’m only reporting back now, because I can’t dedicate myself to it full time, it took me longer than expected to do different tests.
I must say that with CDT and diamond are for the moment what I prefer.
I also tried to decarb the live resin, but I notice that sometimes it reforms and becomes like before the decarb no luiquid at all, so it is not possible to put it in the cartridges. I may be doing it wrong (130° until there are no more bubbles).

I use my oven and I put the diamonds in a sturdy airtight jar. I also tested in a bain-marie but to do small tests it was easier for me to use the oven.

I noticed some irregularities:

-once, at 130C for 3h30, there are no more bubbles. Once the cdt is incorporated, the diamond starts to bubble again. And once in the cartridge there are also a lot of bubbles to be seen in the photo Any explication?.
I wonder what temperature to add the CDT to maintain all the flavors?
another more recurring problem is that my cart gets clogged, I use ccell and avd all ceramic.
My recipe is simple 5%CDT 95%diamond,

So I would like want to know how to dilute the diamond and the cdt with without impacting the buzz ( do I add CBC? any liquidizer? or let it more time melting?).

I found that after a night at 100°C and a few hours at 120°C the diamonds become liquid but more yellow, what is the reason for the color changing? My diamond are. Wry clear, transparent .

Thank you all

1 Like

D9 THC has an amber/golden color. THCa is white/clear.

Looks to me like you aren’t getting a full decarb. that’s where all the little bubbles are coming from. decarb longer and be sure to stir/agitate it periodically.

diluting anything will certainly impact the buzz… that’s what dilution does.

2 Likes

Number one complaint on our liquid diamond carts?

“Gets me too high…”

What temp are you adding your cdt?

4 Likes

Wish i had that problem. Only 100mg edible will “get me too high” these days.

Seems like he was adding it directly after decarb. Fyi I typically add terps around 70c for distillate/co2 @Mresearch and pour into carts around 45-55c.

2 Likes

Yes, it is true that when we dilute, we dilute. My question was rather which product has a necessary viscosity or properties so as not to have to dilute too much. Because not all diluents work, my goal being to impact the bizz as little as possible and therefore not to dilute too much.
in short, I think that on this one I didn’t decarb enough, I read here that a solution to be sure that it is perfectly decarb and to take a sample and heat it higher in temperature in order to see di the bubbles persist. Is this the case?
Do you have any other techniques?

Another thing why not decarb in a vacuum bag in a bain-marie, it would take a lot of time but would there be any point? For someone who don’t have the chemist equipment.

Otherwise I add the terp at 80° from there.

So you cart are to strong , how it can be , ? My opinion as a newbe ,
only the quality of diamond can realy change the high , I mean significantly ?
Or even the process can affect thc , I mean decarb is decarb, what else can play a role ?
We are all using the same cartridge I thing so what impact the buzz ?

You could go by weight, will lose approx 12% during full decarb