Haze And Sour

Truth. Because of their nonsense, we lost momentum. Check out their program. You retain ownership of the information. They’re working for an open source model.

2 Likes

Yes sir… I got a few other regional legends as well. The Maine M.O.A.B. from early 2000 and the “Beach Salt” Diesel.

4 Likes

Someone please post the jada/ Styles P video :sob:

I have some enlightening updates to share once I climb back out of the Sour D/ECSD rabbit hole! Six hours in so far, with another day to go.

I also have info for companies currently offering genomic testing, why a large dataset isn’t all that important in this case, and comments about the herbarium vs. genomic testing.

Plus, a buddy has a line on Weasel’s original pheno from Our Chem seeds (which should be “D1,” but my buddy is calling the original Sour D). From my current understating, it isn’t the Sour D/ECSD pheno Manny (Sour Silicate) found when he popped Our Chem seeds (from the same Chemdawg 91 flower) that Vondo gave him.

I will know more soon regarding the Weasel pheno I’m hopefully getting. Whether it’s the original Sour D/ECSD that Manny found and Kevin (aka Bro) grew and gave to Adam Dunn in Amsterdam ca. 1996. Or, if it’s the D1 pheno (aka original Headband, aka Day Wrecker), a sister to Sour D.

6 Likes

Your database is expanse my man!! Props to you, you are out there on a way higher level than most could imagine! I like to read and learn from the masters.

Head band was closely guarded here yrs ago, same as the sour cut i had. Lots of crosses later nice to see some lineage be explained of whats what.

3 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker

4 Likes

Thanks, but I’m not a master of anything. The only higher level I’m on is after hittin’ some Haze. :triumph:

My current cultivar collection pales in comparsion to some guys in this thread. I don’t even have any Sour D in my stable right now. I have planned to collect historial Sour D/ECSD for a long time, but I only started looking into Sour D hisotry a few days ago.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Have you ever smoked “real” sour? How will you know it when you have it. Afaik most can’t even agree what the original cut is. Daywrecker is now called the first sour. Daywrecker didn’t come from the chem bagseeds. It was in ny. This is a convoluted history that you aren’t gonna start researching and get your hands on a cut in a week. You will get a cut of something I’m sure. have you seen my 11k for 4 cuts special

8 Likes

Has anyone seen the Cuban black haze before? I’ve got cut that’s supposed to be it, I’ve had it for a year but haven’t fit it into my schedule. I gave it to a buddy and this is what it looks like so far.

5 Likes

That is the description i gave manicgrower 14 years ago when i passed the cut around like the plague… im very familar with both the black and the real sour…

if you notice… you will see a very similar writing sytle to now with the “…” all the time…

Both still come around every now and again…

4 Likes

It’s Haze for me

9 Likes

It depends upon how you define “real” sour. I never smoked Sour D that came from NY back in the day.

I will use genomic testing to compare each cut to the others to find commonalities between them or see if they are the same but labeled as different cuts. And hopefully, the genetic database will help identify other cuts that have already been tested as being AJ’s, Chaco’s, Weasel’s, etc.

I am confident that at least the AJ SD are legit Chaco SD. I’m also confident the other cuts I’m getting are legit, but they may be mislabeled. E.g., the Weasel SD may be the same as AJ SD, and the Rezdawg ECSD is probably the same as the Chaco ECSD.

I’m going to contact Adam Dunn and ask him to get me in contact with Bro, so I can ask him to share his SD (that came from Manny).

Right now, SD cuts like a plate of spaghetti (intertwined without clear separation). My goal is to separate and group them, to bring clarity, and create an authoritative list of what’s what.

The testing will take some time, but it will get done. I may start a GoFundMe for this project because the testing isn’t cheap.

I’m confident in the pre-ECSD info I’ve collected because it’s all from the horse’s mouth. But I still have more information to shift through. I hope to post the historical background on SD I’ve been working on tonight or tomorrow. If nothing else, it should be the most comprehensive history of how the Sour D came to be.

I appreciate your comments about Daywrecker, but they run counter to what people claim who were there at the time. Do you have a source for your statement about Daywrecker not being from the same seed lot as SD (its original name as “D1”)?

Thankfully, I was offered the cuts as trades and gifts within a week after starting this project for trade. I found an excellent clone trade group, and it happens to have members that reached out to me.

3 Likes

Leafworks’s genomic testing isn’t geared to the same market that Phylos was; they’re more about registering cultivars and L2L. Their services are expensive but def worth the cost for their intended customer base.

@Sidco_cat Canndor was the precursor to LeafWorks. While they are different services, they go hand in hand. The herbarium is mainly about the physical appearance, while LeafWorks is mostly about genome sequencing (along with its other services).

Medical Genomics’s genomic services include StrainSeek (whole genome sequencing or SNP array) that is akin to LeafWorks. Kannapedia 2.0 ‘library of cannabis genetics’ probably has the largest genome database at this time:

For example, a handful of Sour D dynamic reports are within Kannapedia 2.0. See the search results for “sour diesel” and “sour.”

Also, the Phylos Galaxy is still online, with entries for sour and sour diesel. A unification of test results from Phylos and Medical Genomics may be possible to increase the Sour D dataset significantly.

Besides Medical Genomics, at least two other companies offer similar genomic testing. I plan to contact each of these three companies to choose to best one for this project (probably Medical Genomics):

https://deltaleaflabs.com/shop/strain-fingerprint/

1 Like

@Ralf you’re a classic example of book smart and real world stupid. You think because you read something somewhere that’s the concrete truth? You think that phylos testing works to identify genealogy? You think some guys in a group will just pass you white hot fire? As to your provenance I’m guessing that you’re talking about the jjnyc crew, none of those guys tell the same stories as to the origins of any of their cuts. Look into it. Matt riot and notsodog are my source.

Good luck. We’re you half as smart as you think you are you’d be dangerous. I’d bet my next harvest that whatever endeavor you so foolishly undertake will fail miserably. And I for one love to see a know it all get destroyed.

2 Likes

Bro don’t you grow like 4 plants in a tent? Alloy of quality people and quality posters stopped posting here because of degens like yourself. Your fucking pride is not in check because Ralph tried to share information and explain his position.

5 Likes

Na. 4 tents. Don’t you grow boof and claim to have the best on the east coast?

3 Likes

Also how did you helping that guy make bho work out? You’re another ralf.

This just proves your a degen bringing the forum down. You know nothing. I’d gladly roll up my trees next to your any day of the week I’m not wasting 6+ hours traveling to help people on my own dime.

2 Likes