Haze And Sour

I use to get some true sour back in the day.

An old dealer in High school took a trailer and made half of it a grow with a trap door so it looked like a normal trailer. All he ever grew was sour.

I was walking to my buddy’s with a Quarter in my pocket and when I’m about 70 feet away he calls me and tells me to stop smoking on his streeet.

Shit was gas.

10 Likes

the amount of “step out of the car” that ive heard being pulled over with this was crazy. There was no hiding it. I’d stuff it into the door card of my 92 explorer and hope for the best…

Im in NY and I heard stories of it being grown in a bus that was “underground” or stashed somewhere, and he got raided and it died along with him… I have no idea if any of that is true in any way. Also heard a small group of old timers up north a bit have it and hold it reallllly close. But again idk how true that is, considering how much was around back then. wasn’t a big secret guarded strain then. But I have also been on the hunt for a while and not had too much luck, I recently got some top dog genetics NYC sour and it was really close on the nose, but not all the way there with potency and punch to that scent. wasn’t as loud.

2 Likes

@anon56994712

Direclty from Jay Plantspeaker two weeks ago (I added a few commas):

As far as which version I grow, it’s just an original cut to me. Predates anyone’s or any moniker for the matter, and I say that respectfully. Came direct from New York in the trunk of a car 25 almost 26 years ago now. She’s a skunkier harder gas than all the rest, according to most that have seen her. She’s just sour pre all the hype attachments. Very well kept over the many years, she still paces with seed starts.

Everyone wants the cut due to my knowing her travels that long, her being essentially 3 known hands and known care criteria, etc. She’s proven herself in a lot of circles the last few years.

I’m gonna try to get a cut. Also an AJ’s cut. For a head to head grow off :partying_face:

7 Likes

I will send you one of our cali sours for the show down.

7 Likes

:call_me_hand:

Now that will be a worthy thread!

I’ll have the AJ cut within a few weeks. And I just asked Jay if I can get of cut of his SD :crossed_fingers:.

2 Likes

Someone just contacted me that has the real RezDawg ECSD cut from Outkastt that RezDawg used to create his IBL. It’s coming my way soon.

@Greenleafpro this SD throw down just got real, lol. If Jay Plantspeaker sends me his cut, it’s going to be the ultimate 4-way SD showndown:

AJ cut vs. RezDawg cut vs. Plantspeaker cut vs. Cali Sour cut

Pics of the RezDawg ECSD cut flower i’m getting soon:

10 Likes

It’s my bosses cut, his work I just take care of it.
Could make it a 5 way.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! I didn’t know they had Chaco’s cut. I have been talking to them for some time about a large clone order. I noticed the prices aren’t listed; that must have been an error because they’re typically on the menu.

A buddy just informed me Boston Clone Cos Chaco’s cut came from Mass Medical.

I just responded to an email from them asking about the price of Chaco’s SD. I told them about my planned SD throwdown - it would be sweet if they sent me Chaco’s SD for free as a donation for the competition.

2 Likes

Someone just contacted me that has the real RezDawg ECSD cut from Outkastt that RezDawg used to create his IBL.

This is the Chaco cut

3 Likes

Per our DMs, maybe it is. Or maybe not, and things got mixed up/confusing back then? From my understanding, the pics I posted don’t look like the Chaco cut?

Either way, it will be born out in the grow-off. And before I do the grow-off I will send all cuts in for genetic testing to see how they compare linage-wise. If the RezDawg cut I’m getting isn’t an SD then I won’t run it.

If nothing else, this grow-off and genetic testing of all available SD versions should provide insight that may have been lacking so far.

4 Likes

That’s spensive

I’d love to get 1 of Jay’s from you once you get it going.

I’m really excited about Botanical standards being developed true so these strains. We can actually know the answers to these questions once we get the documentation going.

Has anyone used genomic testing services from companies like Leafworks? https://leafworks.com/

2 Likes

No one has a library, and what leafworks can tell you is limited. We need a real gnome mapping project for cannabis.

@anon56994712 I have mass super skunk/dutch super skunk crossed with an OG Kush plant that I think you would really like if your looking for that sour/diesel. Easily the closest I have to the old school gas/sour

13 Likes

The Mass Super Skunk from western MA? That cut was legendary around here.

4 Likes

Archive’s Sour Diesel #6 in PDX.

2 Likes

Yet. We need one. It’s important to get these strains recorded in the herbarium. https://www.canndor.org/

1 Like

can’t rely on empty promises like phylos again, I doubt many have enough trust to give away anything really special after that

3 Likes