Has anyone ever SPD without dewinterizing, just filtering?

Yes I did this a few times just testing to see what and It does lower temps some , but there is an end that is like hard candy that is damn near impossible to clean . Not worth the headache at all.

1 Like

Your temps will be based on how clean the fluid is (pre processed) and how deep vacuum is and how little leaks you have.

7 Likes

I might be able to find the thread by Beaker about his non solvent distillation. He started with straight rosin in the bf non filtered. After the short path he took the remaining material and put it in his sublimator to distill the waxes. He then reintroduced the waxes to the distillate which gave it a shatter like consistency. Bless his soul. Edit: Here it is- Stabilizing high potency THC

5 Likes

ā€œā€¦the velvety smoothness and long lasting freshness of White Dream is made possible be selectively targeting and including the natural antioxidants that Mother Nature put into the plant to preserve the goodness.ā€ - Beaker

10 Likes

He was genuinely one in a millionā€¦ RIP

4 Likes

So they add more solvent back in and have to recover again before final pass right?

They use faaar less than processing before the first run.

I would def do that but the rising film doesnā€™t like that stuff with the warm eth extraction we use. Wondering if I can skip a second dewinterizing step where the throughput is 100s of gallons an hr and make up for it without it damaging equipment. Room temp winterization here I come I guessā€¦

1 Like

Biomass has been ground. You think that is causing alot of Terps and water solubles that an average warm ethanol wash wouldnt?

Iā€™m not too sure. Etho is a polar solvent and will grab tons of solubles at room temp. They were doing it with bho crude. Decarb and first pass, then process.

Itā€™s faster to winterize first pass than it is to winterize crude :thinking::sunglasses:

8 Likes

cleaning is no issue for you?

In a bho extract no. Itā€™s not ideal for the health of your wiped film though.

2 Likes

dude room temp hex wash light agitation and then filter and rotovap and try a room temp methanol de-winterizing with 220grit aluminum oxide filter bed over a bed of celite 545, pulled 20 grams of clean looking crude in 15 minutes with a 1 liter beaker and a glass stir stick and buchner funnel and rotovap, iā€™m going to try and do a wash in a seperatory funnel instead of dewinterizing my hexane crude just out of curiosity

2 Likes

It works well

2 Likes

What the hell is dewinterizing? Is that the opposite of winterizing? :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

Like, are we adding fats and lipids back or whaat? :sweat_smile::rofl:

2 Likes

lol auto correct yes put them back in they are wayyyy bettter in there FACT!

4 Likes

That cant handle my 300gallon/1200lb an hour throughput I dont think. Iā€™m looking into sheet media for inline pressurized filtration pre/post homogenization and winterization. Quite a bit of options on embedded media

Impregnated*