Hardness distillate THC

Hello
Should THC distillate always be as hard as wax at room temperature?

Which wax? BHO? Paraffin? Dr Zogs?!?

Viscosity will depend on purity, but is not a particularly useful metric to determine said purity.

Why do you ask?
What are you hoping for as an answer?

5 Likes

Friends ,
I have THC distillate, which was created by isomerization of CBD. The strength and taste are fine and very good. Should THC distillate always be this hard at room temperature? When heated, it becomes very liquid

Short answer: yes

Long answer: yes with testing

2 Likes

Ear wax?

Also what room? The front porch? The attic in the summer? What geo location? A room in Florida? A room in Maine? What season?

How about we say 68 degrees Fahrenheit

In my experience, distillate over 95% thc should be shatter if not damn close to it.

3 Likes

That’s a different question…

Answer is similar. With the caveat that the D8/D9/CBD/whatever else ratios (purity) will affect viscosity.

But you can’t reliably use viscosity to figure if you’ve got D8/D9 or mystery soup. You need actual analytics for that.

3 Likes

Shall I compare these on a summer’s day?
One art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough hands do shake the jar of buds in May,
And some are heat hath all too melted .
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature’s changing course, converted;

D8 is often considerably more viscous. Especially at high purity

3 Likes

Yes, at room temperature THC distillate is solid. If it isn’t solid then it’s lower THC.

1 Like

…that you are having trouble running in-diluted in specific cart hardware.

Why would you start a new thread to ask if said phenomenon was typical?!?

That makes it harder for folks to help you as well as the next visitor in need of the same info if it is disconnected.

Not mentioning “it’s a conversion” when asking “why doesn’t this work?” also didn’t help.

In order to point you in the correct direction (which is likely CDT or different hardware) you need to be upfront with the details and any constraints you’re working with.

Eg you have not addressed why you want to run “straight distillate” in that particular device (it’s not working, try another one, or at least mention “I’m running D8”).

There are lots of reasons one might want to “run what you brung”, but you’re clearly new to this rodeo, and could use some help deciding where that is or is not appropriate.

1 Like

Im assuming OP decided to start flipping BM d8 in alibaba pens and thought it would be “easy” and dont wanna spend the extra cash for CDT or similar diluents

3 Likes

Possibly. Admitting such might still yield better than beating around the bush…

…and upon re-reading this

there was definitely some attempt to define the problem and get advice BEFORE embarking on their new adventure.

However, it also suggests “because I purchased wholesale quantities before testing the hardware” is closer to the truth than

Obsfucating the question doesn’t make for more accurate answers…

@Cannabin please tell us you didn’t buy your hardware that you are having problems with in this post…

…from the people trying to sell you hardware in this post

Is this the company you are talking about for your hardware because a quick look through of their website shows only prefilled carts for sale?
You keep giving us little drips of info on what seems to be a large scale project so just blanket advise, if you already have the hardware and it’s not working for you try to sell it to someone it will work for, do a little more homework on what hardware actually works for “straight distillate”, or consider using one of the diluents that some one else has mentioned.

but above all DO NOT do this!

1 Like