H2O2 shown as probable cause of rapid crashing "Medusa Stone"

Yes happens to no CRC runs as well

4 Likes

Also have had the same media here for a year an half cuz we don’t really use it, but when we do it still happens

1 Like

Is this a feature rather than a bug?

Could we use H2O2 as a rapid crystallization agent? Maybe for CBD in heptane or something?

17 Likes

The new new tek

6 Likes

In the case of this particular facility I think it was the long term continuous exposure that may have lead to a stabilized hydrogen peroxide. Possibly by way of sodium citrate or sodium phytate found naturally in the plant. Sodium phytate in particular can increase the half life of hydrogen peroxide from a few hours to a few months. I don’t think a quick hit of H2O2 on the plants would cause a significant impact unless it was immediately before harvest and freezing. Even then the issue would be very short term-- a single good teardown would bring you back online. However, with the introduction of stabilized H2O2 it would take significantly more than a teardown to fix the problem.

I’m also very curious about something mentioned earlier in these comments about crystal polymorphism. I wonder if the bar crystals that this seems to create are causing at least some of the carry over as a result of propagating their morphology. It’s an interesting thought.

7 Likes

@TheLostBiologist for Feb MoM!

18 Likes

We did plenty of runs without Crc and it still was reactive

3 Likes

I’ve been playing around with that recently and so far it seems like a really great way to create a boatload of high purity isolate straight out of the extractor.

8 Likes

I feel the morphism is a byproduct from the solvents solubility. It acts as if it is 30° or so colder. I have stated before The “chalking” reminded me of a “cold crash” lattice

9 Likes

Media contamination was the first thing we played with. It would have been an easy answer but it didn’t prove out.

6 Likes

Man I been a fan of u since the days I was blasting in the old live free die hard state love seeing u shine man keep up the great research remember every day is research for us and your crushing it

7 Likes

Does this happen with alcohols too? Or just alkanes?

1 Like

Great, one possibility eliminated. Who wants to try a run with some material that’s never seen any h2o2 or been sprayed with anything in flower?

We didn’t see the issue till we accepted 1600 lbs from a Dry farm, they literally grow outside and spray nothing

6 Likes

Too many possible environmental factors with outdoor to be sure IMO

2 Likes

This is true as well

4 Likes

Is there a way to test for sodium citrate/phytate levels in the plants tissue? LC methods? If the levels were high enough could definitely be a culprit since the moms all the way through clone, Veg, flower and dry/cure have been exposed to the innovative solutions modules. It’s just weird that it started happening aggressively out of nowhere, it wasn’t a gradual increase in the symptoms of a contamination.

2 Likes

The fact that mol sieve seems to help combat the problem is telling us something.

4 Likes

That was my experience as well.

6 Likes

Can you run that gas through a mol sieve and see if the problem persists?

1 Like