Gummy recipe and SOP inside

Interested in molds and your sops

1 Like

The pectin SOP is ready for release, we are scraping 6,000 a batch. And bagging them the next day. I plan to make a thread within a few days offering the SOPs officially. DM me if you want samples now.

3 Likes

Does your pectin recipe only use pectin or is it the one with gelatin in it youre talking about a few post above?

100% pectinā€¦
its easer to produce than the 100% gelatin, by a small margin.

1 Like

How long after you scrape till you can demold them?

1 Like

WHAT RECIPE?

100% gelatin
hybrid
100% pectin

100% pectin

1 Like

If you utilize a colling source, 15min.

1 Like

What about at room temp, say 76 degrees. I do not have the means to implement cooling in my facility

1 Like

That depends on the size of your batchā€¦ and how you intend on placing the molds after youā€™re doneā€¦ one big heat blob takes a while to cool down.

Why does the size of the batch matter if you are scraping them into molds? I can understand if its a big blob it would take a while to set and cool. I place 2 molds onto a full size sheet pan tray and put it on my baking rack for cooling. Im just trying to find a faster setting sop than the dark city molds sop, it takes atleast a hour before I can demold and thats a bottle neck for me as of right now.

1 Like

lolā€¦ because it does ā€¦ ponder over itā€¦

1 Like

Seen large scale places use fridges to cool faster

Huge places have inline cooling tunnels

1 Like

what about testing though.

2 Likes

The cool thing about pectin gummies is that you can absolutely pop them hot. They definitely pop easier when they cool down, but after that pectin sets, you can pop. Factor in maybe 30min to cool down.

1 Like

Popping hot can cause them to not hold shape if they havenā€™t kicked enough which is what Iā€™ve been experiencing.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I do not have the means to implement cooling which is why i was asking about kick time at room temp. I would have to put 300-500 molds in fridges and that just isnt doable since i dont have the space available for that many fridges or a cooling tunnel

We use a single 20 pan rack fridge and rotate in and out as we work through the molds. It also helps that we pour a bunch of gummies one day, then pop and pack them the next day.

1 Like

can you fit a chest freezer? clever racking and some diy wizaedry might be of use, the cool even faster in a freezer if timed

the make these racks for most reach in style commercial refrigerators

I dont know how many molds you can fit per sheet pan but 2 of these racks fit in the fridges i have so thats 44 sheet pans per fridge