Gummy recipe and SOP inside

I’ll give you a few TIPS on inserting Feeding Tubes. Occlud each nare as Subject blows out, go with the least narrow/restrictive nare, soak tube in hot water (flexibility is key), give ice water to unfortunate dude, stuff stuff stuff…Feed at will, no resistances excepted:sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

so I still have to plug their nose?

no wonder I get so much shit for trying to help :rofl:

4 Likes

This calls for a totally different type of tube.

This stops everybody from getting shit on, these can be hooked to wall suction. :rofl: :joy: :laughing: :sweat_smile:

EDIT…Notice no italics :pensive:

8 Likes

Some of you guys need a roast verification :rofl:

5 Likes

Nobody needs a roast verification here. We know how to do it proper.

2 Likes

4 pack of gummies runs $150 here haha

The new future4200 spoon. “Just lay there…it’s ok”

9 Likes

On documenting mess-ups:

Melted down a buncha albanese gummies in the crock pot

whipped it with a drill like I do everything :person_shrugging:

Had a ketchup bottle blow it’s top

Tried and failed to spread the blob of shit over the other molds with a spatula

18 Likes

Welcome to gummies sir!

12 Likes

Thanks i’ve done a bit of product formulation here and there but gummies have always been the most illusive SKU for me. Had a bit of luck with the ol’ jello, corn syrup, knox recipe but shelf life is no good. I dont think ill be going down this particular rabbit hole anymore lol.

7 Likes

I’ve been loving the recipe they pieced out here. Making some damn fine commercial-quality gummies. No one can believe me when I tell them I’ve made them.

6 Likes

Increase sugar to water ratio and check your ph. Should be around 3.4 or lower for stability. Add more acidity to your formula.

9 Likes

If your trying to melt down gummies your going to have a bad time. Gelatin sets from a temp differential of 80 to being thrown in the fridge dont need to activate the protein like Pectin recipes(what I’m educated on)… they are cooked to 220 for a reason, the majority of the water evaporates and it creates a bond with the sugar. Cook pectin at 220-240 for 10 min plus and you will break down the protein that helps it set/form. I believe that’s how they make jams/jellies. Haven’t tried overcooking tho :slight_smile: also when using pectin you will never have issues homogeniz(ing?) distillate/base oil

People trying to make gummies without lab equipment is like trying to purge butane with a regular oven… you need set temps/a stirrer and if you doing anything pectin based a heated depositor as well. The second it sets it sets.

2 Likes

Have you added some potassium sorbate?

3 Likes

Do you have a video of the actual gummies getting poured into the molds?

We have been testing alot of our competitors gummies lately, I have to say it’s been shocking. That “Just CBD” gummy brand, wow, they are off all the time on their mg. Their labels dont claim a “per gummy mg” but rather the total bottle mg. Well I have yet to test a full bottle but I have had the lab test 10 gummies in one test several times across many bottles. They have been consistently off by 40% :man_facepalming:. We have tested for several amino acids in another brand :man_facepalming:, this is even worse. Where we expected 50mg range we got <0.017mg/g of L-Theanine. I’m starting to see why the Hemp arena is getting a bad rep. Extremely low quality control.

13 Likes

I have a question. I use a very similar recipe, with the addition of sorbitol and potassium sorbate. I don’t use PG. I noticed from the pics these gummies are opaque. Mine come out clear (transluscent). Today I tried a recipe similar to the other recipe, with a higher gelatin to water ratio and no commercial flavored gelatin mix, and got a similar opaque quality. I assumed that was because of the added gelatin.

My question is what does anyone think the reason might be that mine turn out clear and these are opaque. I do cook it differently. I use a pot on the stovetop instead of a microwave. I let the gelatins bloom in the water for about 10 min before adding the corn syrup and heating it up. After it’s heated I add the sorbitol and citric acid and …

Is it possibly due to the use of the stick blender, which I don’t use?

1 Like

I had a salesperson for some water soluble system tell me yesterday that emulsions using strong surfactants occasionally cause cannabinoids to not show up in testing because they aren’t extracted properly the prep. Sounded like an absolute crock of shit to me but if it’s not it could be a factor.

Not doubting there are bad actors in the CBD sector intentionally under-compounding their products but it seems like these stories are so ubiquitous that there might be another factor at play?

3 Likes

In my experience, encapsulated nano-emulsions have this issue if they don’t go through a quechers process during sample preparation to release the “encapsulated” materials. Sooooo…if they were using a method like that AND the lab that was doing the testing wasn’t using quechers. The recovery percentage would be so different than it would look like someone was scandalous.

I know whenever I get a new product to the lab I make them tell me what’s in it. Especially if they are trying to convince me that of its potency and my validated method doesn’t show good peak abundance.

Personally - I continue to think its poor math skills and lack of quality control that makes these products show up like this. General negligence from people who have never worked in a GMP space. But it could be worse I suppose, like willful mislabeling and adulteration. People do stuff like that as well, you know? :frowning:

4 Likes

@ky_cbd Acid Gummies

3 Likes