Gummy recipe and SOP inside

This calls for a totally different type of tube.

This stops everybody from getting shit on, these can be hooked to wall suction. :rofl: :joy: :laughing: :sweat_smile:

EDITā€¦Notice no italics :pensive:

8 Likes

Some of you guys need a roast verification :rofl:

5 Likes

Nobody needs a roast verification here. We know how to do it proper.

2 Likes

4 pack of gummies runs $150 here haha

The new future4200 spoon. ā€œJust lay thereā€¦itā€™s okā€

9 Likes

On documenting mess-ups:

Melted down a buncha albanese gummies in the crock pot

whipped it with a drill like I do everything :person_shrugging:

Had a ketchup bottle blow itā€™s top

Tried and failed to spread the blob of shit over the other molds with a spatula

18 Likes

Welcome to gummies sir!

12 Likes

Thanks iā€™ve done a bit of product formulation here and there but gummies have always been the most illusive SKU for me. Had a bit of luck with the olā€™ jello, corn syrup, knox recipe but shelf life is no good. I dont think ill be going down this particular rabbit hole anymore lol.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve been loving the recipe they pieced out here. Making some damn fine commercial-quality gummies. No one can believe me when I tell them Iā€™ve made them.

6 Likes

Increase sugar to water ratio and check your ph. Should be around 3.4 or lower for stability. Add more acidity to your formula.

9 Likes

If your trying to melt down gummies your going to have a bad time. Gelatin sets from a temp differential of 80 to being thrown in the fridge dont need to activate the protein like Pectin recipes(what Iā€™m educated on)ā€¦ they are cooked to 220 for a reason, the majority of the water evaporates and it creates a bond with the sugar. Cook pectin at 220-240 for 10 min plus and you will break down the protein that helps it set/form. I believe thatā€™s how they make jams/jellies. Havenā€™t tried overcooking tho :slight_smile: also when using pectin you will never have issues homogeniz(ing?) distillate/base oil

People trying to make gummies without lab equipment is like trying to purge butane with a regular ovenā€¦ you need set temps/a stirrer and if you doing anything pectin based a heated depositor as well. The second it sets it sets.

2 Likes

Have you added some potassium sorbate?

3 Likes

Do you have a video of the actual gummies getting poured into the molds?

We have been testing alot of our competitors gummies lately, I have to say itā€™s been shocking. That ā€œJust CBDā€ gummy brand, wow, they are off all the time on their mg. Their labels dont claim a ā€œper gummy mgā€ but rather the total bottle mg. Well I have yet to test a full bottle but I have had the lab test 10 gummies in one test several times across many bottles. They have been consistently off by 40% :man_facepalming:. We have tested for several amino acids in another brand :man_facepalming:, this is even worse. Where we expected 50mg range we got <0.017mg/g of L-Theanine. Iā€™m starting to see why the Hemp arena is getting a bad rep. Extremely low quality control.

13 Likes

I have a question. I use a very similar recipe, with the addition of sorbitol and potassium sorbate. I donā€™t use PG. I noticed from the pics these gummies are opaque. Mine come out clear (transluscent). Today I tried a recipe similar to the other recipe, with a higher gelatin to water ratio and no commercial flavored gelatin mix, and got a similar opaque quality. I assumed that was because of the added gelatin.

My question is what does anyone think the reason might be that mine turn out clear and these are opaque. I do cook it differently. I use a pot on the stovetop instead of a microwave. I let the gelatins bloom in the water for about 10 min before adding the corn syrup and heating it up. After itā€™s heated I add the sorbitol and citric acid and ā€¦

Is it possibly due to the use of the stick blender, which I donā€™t use?

1 Like

I had a salesperson for some water soluble system tell me yesterday that emulsions using strong surfactants occasionally cause cannabinoids to not show up in testing because they arenā€™t extracted properly the prep. Sounded like an absolute crock of shit to me but if itā€™s not it could be a factor.

Not doubting there are bad actors in the CBD sector intentionally under-compounding their products but it seems like these stories are so ubiquitous that there might be another factor at play?

3 Likes

In my experience, encapsulated nano-emulsions have this issue if they donā€™t go through a quechers process during sample preparation to release the ā€œencapsulatedā€ materials. Soooooā€¦if they were using a method like that AND the lab that was doing the testing wasnā€™t using quechers. The recovery percentage would be so different than it would look like someone was scandalous.

I know whenever I get a new product to the lab I make them tell me whatā€™s in it. Especially if they are trying to convince me that of its potency and my validated method doesnā€™t show good peak abundance.

Personally - I continue to think its poor math skills and lack of quality control that makes these products show up like this. General negligence from people who have never worked in a GMP space. But it could be worse I suppose, like willful mislabeling and adulteration. People do stuff like that as well, you know? :frowning:

4 Likes

@ky_cbd Acid Gummies

3 Likes

Packaging that fits the shape of your gummy seems to be a good trend. Kushy Punch, District Edibles Fireball, Margarita Chill, ect does it. cause the gummy just goes back into formation or a consumer can put it in the fridge and have it keep itā€™s shape as opposed to gummys thrown into a bag.

2 Likes

New R&D projects over the next two weeks.

9 Likes