Gummy recipe and SOP inside

If you’d like @steelrollin i can make it a seperate thread. But I would like your permission to cut it out.

No need for that … I’m sure he can find the cut and paste…

:man_facepalming:

Not many folks will get that but @steelrollin will…

…LOL

3 Likes

@MillerliteRN so I’m reading up on winterizing… should I do that before trying to add the cannabis. I’m 100% new to this, I’ve been watching videos on everything I just haven’t been able to put the steps in order. I have a Buchi Rotovap a centrifuge and shortpath distillation setup all ready to go but then I just read up on winterization so I’m assuming I need to start there?

@steelrollin how do you get full spectrum distillate… I have a Rotovap, centrifuge, shortpath setup and now I’m reading about winterization… not to mention I’m inquiring about an HPLC setup …

Winterize BEFORE adding cannabis?!?

Seems like you might want to participate in the Go fund @davidb

Not a gummy pro, but can help you get your cannabinoid concentrate on point.

3 Likes

Just drop a link in Gummy thread (this isn’t it! links inside)

2 Likes

So I’ve been playing with this recipe all year, made 10,000’s of gummies from it and have to say thank you. My input after all my work is this, I’ve added 100g of sorbitol. Definitely makes it a bit less chewy.

Second thing I have to add. I fill the molds, wait at least 6 hrs. Then remove from molds and directly into sugar. After that I move to dry with a mess screen on top to drop extra sugar. From there directly into gallon zip lock bags. The sugar will soon become a liquid. From then pull it and coat in dry fresh sugar. Do little at a time adding fresh sugar to keep the granular size small. After this lay gummies out to dry around 8-12 hrs depending on your environment. This coats the gummies with this awesome hard glaze with a nice sugar coating on top. I haven’t had any issues with the sugar melting in the packing. Much love and thank you for recipe :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Im glad you like the SOP.

I have never really gotten into how we coat our gummies, rest assured we do.

And you my friend are coating them the hard/wrong way.

A little advice…

6 hours and sugar are not good together. You need to wait longer than that. The reason your sugar is turning to liquid is your gummies are not dry.

5 Likes

I’m doing that on purpose. I want the sugar to turn to a liquid. When i do a second sugar coat and leave out for a final dry it coats very well and never turns to liquid in final packaging. It creates a thin but hard sugar coating around the whole gummy, it’s super pleasant to bite in to.

I’ve had other successful methods but this way is the fastest method to unmold and dry. I’ve found with no degradation in the final packaging.

Definitely know there are more ways and better ways to do it and I’d love to learn them. That being said I’ve successfully completed this method many times and it without a doubt creates a solid product

6 Likes

Hi, how are you? I’m going to try your recipe friend, it looks very good. I just want to know why you don’t recommend buying Jolly Rancher from amazon? . and what page do you recommend?

They are 0.99 in the stores, very expensive on Amazon 3 or 4 bucks.

1 Like

Thank you, I will have to buy from AMAZON, I am from Latin America.:frowning:
Thanks for the recipe, let’s try it with our distillate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fucking Legend!!!

1 Like

Regular jello works to.

1 Like

@MillerliteRN I love the sop thank you for this boss ! , what’s the best process for adding sour sugar to the gummies !

1 Like

I modified a batch for an auntie recently to make it a gummy center and a jelly bean outside. Quite fun, started with a regular gummy, rolled those in a warm non cooled gummy mix with added sugar, cooled that slightly, tossed in a granular + confection sugar mix again, then cooled, and coated with melted confection sugar brushed on.

Subbed out all water for fresh juice. Used pineapple juice and pineapple flavoring for center. For outer used a strawberry jello with orange juice and orange flavoring.

Got two cups of fresh pineapple juice today from a pineapple cored for pineapple fried rice breakfast might have to whip up some more of those pineapple gummies :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sounds fantastic :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

Depends on whom makes them, how strong they are etc. Real 400mg distillate gummies go for $40-50 a pack in my area. Wholesaled at $25 a pack. There’s different levels of products. The spray on 500mg stuff goes for around $10 a bag.

I know a Gummy God! Literally God

@MillerliteRN thanks for the awesome write up

Anyone know why I’m getting this layer on top

I used the 4mL 192 cavity mold at pjmolds

Any tips on demolding guys?!?!

2 Likes