Gummy recipe and SOP inside

https://nelsonjameson.com/VIKAN-Single-Blade-Ultra-Hygiene-Bench-Squeegee-w-6-1-2-Handle-p18041.html

The ultra-hygienic fully molded single-blade squeegee is ideal for use in areas requiring the highest level of hygiene. Improved design features smooth and rounded surfaces which provide better hygiene and easier cleaning. The elongated body reduces wear and tear on the ends of the flexible rubber blade to enhance durability and efficiency. Autoclavable at temperatures up to 212°F/100°C. Made from FDA-compliant materials. Includes 6-1/2" Euro-thread handle.

Have you tried something like this?

5 Likes

@MillerliteRN Im following your thread hella late but I’m about to put in some time perfecting your gummy recipe before I move on with adding/making distallates to go in them. I actually just picked up a rotovap and a centrifuge with no clue where to start lol so learning how to make gummies seems appropriate 1st.

3 Likes

that looks like a pottery rib, might be better styles searching for that instead of a bowl scraper

1 Like

Rotovap you can learn the easiest. Centrifuge with ethanol as primary solvent? Best of luck!

2 Likes

@moveweight yes I was looking to use ethanol in a centrifuge to separate the THC and cbd but I may have that concept completely wrong in my head lol so for this weekend and next weekend I’m going to try to scale down the gummy recipe so I can perfect it before using/wasting good material. If you know of a good process sop for separating the cbd give me a heads up. Thanks in advance

Here is the method I use. This is sttuuuuuupid easy and works everytime.

Materials Needed

• 225 cavity 2.5ml Square Silicone mold
  • Full Spectrum Distillate
  • MCT Coconut Oil Non-Stick Spray
  • Hot Plate/Stove
  • Refrigerator
  • Stainless Steel Table
  • Speed Rack
  • Stainless Steel Tray
  • Stainless Steel Pot
  • Stainless Steel Bowl
  • Food Scale
  • Spatula
  • Pastry Brush
  • Water
  • Spoon
  • Measuring Spoons
  • 3 16oz Squeeze Bottle
  • 2 Teaspoons Lecithin
  • 8 Ounces (227g) granulated sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons (27g) Dextrose Powder
  • 8 Ounces (227g) Corn Syrup Glucose
  • 6 ounces (170g) cool water
  • 44 Grams Gelatin
  • 2.5 Teaspoons Citric Acid
  • 1.5 Teaspoons Candy Flavoring (Blue Raspberry, Peach, Watermelon)

Procedure

• Clean and dry hot plate/stove, all molds, pots, bowls, and squeeze bottles with soap and water that is between 110 - 115 degrees Fahrenheit (110-115F)
  • Disinfect all work surfaces with a mixture of 1 cup of bleach to 1 gallon of water
  • Rinse surfaces with clean water
  • Weigh all ingredients to be used for gummy production
  • Place Full Spectrum Distillate into oven in Pyrex glass container at 165-175 F to make it fluid
  • Place Lecithin into oven to match temperature of fluid Full Spectrum Distillate
  • Once the Full Spectrum Distillate and Lecithin are the same temperature mix the distillate with Lecithin until fully combined (5 mins)
  • While Distillate and Lecithin come to temp combine gelatin, and water in a stainless-steel bowl. Stir gently to combine. Let sit for 5 minutes to give your gelatin time to bloom
  • Combine the corn syrup, sugar, and dextrose powder in a medium saucepan. Stir gently to combine. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
  • Once simmering, wash down the sides of the pan with water using a pastry brush to make sure all sugar is dissolved fully
  • Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in your citric acid and gelatin mixture with a spatula until the gelatin is melted
  • Mix in Lecithin and Full Spectrum Distillate blend
  • Add flavoring
  • Let stand for 10 minutes and allow the mixture to clear and foam to collect at the top. After 10 minutes the foam can be scooped off the surface with a spoon.
  • Place mold onto stainless steel table while gummy mixture cools
  • Spray molds with MCT Coconut Oil Non-Stick Spray
  • Fill squeeze bottles with gummy mixture
  • Fill Each cavity with gummy mixture
  • Place filled gummy mold onto stainless steel
  • Place stainless steel tray onto speed rack
  • Move speed rack into walk in cooler for 6-12 hours for gummies to set
  • After gummy’s are set remove gummies from mold by bending mold
  • Tumble finished gummies in granulated sugar

EDIT: you don’t have to wash the sides down with water to make sure sugar is full dissolved. That step can be skipped.

19 Likes

Thanks for this will give it a try this,like most of the others on here that I’ve tryed​:smiley::smiley:

Might want to start a new thread, next time.
:wink:

3 Likes

happy to delete. I thought this was the thread for sharing SOP’s though?

5 Likes

No need to erase.

Maybe it deserves to be at the top of a thread.

Besides, that would give you a chance to slang your D9 gummies…lol

3 Likes

Right on well if it needs to be erased 100% happy to do that I didn’t mean to step on toes and I apologize if I did.

Definitely not trying to promote my D9 gummies by posting an SOP but I guess thanks for bringing them up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I enjoy our playful beef/banter… lol

Really, no need to delete that post. You might want to start a new one with it at the top… some folks will never ever make it down that far in this thread…

MATER of fact I’ll give it a try myself. Always room for improvement… TOGETHER…

Also like to mention I could improve your SOP ( Labor cost ) by like A FUCK TON… and I’m not exactly finished with this TECH myself… but at this point I could save you over half production cost…

Always working towards perfection.

7 Likes

If you’d like @steelrollin i can make it a seperate thread. But I would like your permission to cut it out.

No need for that … I’m sure he can find the cut and paste…

:man_facepalming:

Not many folks will get that but @steelrollin will…

…LOL

3 Likes

@MillerliteRN so I’m reading up on winterizing… should I do that before trying to add the cannabis. I’m 100% new to this, I’ve been watching videos on everything I just haven’t been able to put the steps in order. I have a Buchi Rotovap a centrifuge and shortpath distillation setup all ready to go but then I just read up on winterization so I’m assuming I need to start there?

@steelrollin how do you get full spectrum distillate… I have a Rotovap, centrifuge, shortpath setup and now I’m reading about winterization… not to mention I’m inquiring about an HPLC setup …

Winterize BEFORE adding cannabis?!?

Seems like you might want to participate in the Go fund @davidb

Not a gummy pro, but can help you get your cannabinoid concentrate on point.

3 Likes

Just drop a link in Gummy thread (this isn’t it! links inside)

2 Likes

So I’ve been playing with this recipe all year, made 10,000’s of gummies from it and have to say thank you. My input after all my work is this, I’ve added 100g of sorbitol. Definitely makes it a bit less chewy.

Second thing I have to add. I fill the molds, wait at least 6 hrs. Then remove from molds and directly into sugar. After that I move to dry with a mess screen on top to drop extra sugar. From there directly into gallon zip lock bags. The sugar will soon become a liquid. From then pull it and coat in dry fresh sugar. Do little at a time adding fresh sugar to keep the granular size small. After this lay gummies out to dry around 8-12 hrs depending on your environment. This coats the gummies with this awesome hard glaze with a nice sugar coating on top. I haven’t had any issues with the sugar melting in the packing. Much love and thank you for recipe :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Im glad you like the SOP.

I have never really gotten into how we coat our gummies, rest assured we do.

And you my friend are coating them the hard/wrong way.

A little advice…

6 hours and sugar are not good together. You need to wait longer than that. The reason your sugar is turning to liquid is your gummies are not dry.

5 Likes