Gummy Lab Robbed and Gutted- I Am Heartbroken

(Small disclaimer: This is posted from a sock puppet personal account from someone who loves talking about growing, fertilizer, and biostimulants on Future and does not care to have these particular side business interests cross paths because of this)

I just found out some terrible news and I’m beside myself. I tend to work best with small interpersonal relationships, 1-2 people working passionately on a project like a gummy lab. We made gummies, flipped bulk gummies, packaged gummies for retail and sold a ton of them after the price of flower was so volatile. With our lab being broken into and having literally everything stolen, I don’t know if I can keep going on this venture. My heart is very broken for something I thought we were building and growing and helping people.

We rented a temp-controlled modified stand-alone cooler about the size of a 28’ semi-trailer from a family friend in a very remote area. 2/3 of the space was for cooking and prep with stainless tables and stove with flow hood. The other 1/3 was for curing with a Quest dehu and wire racks. We had lights, cameras, dogs and my buddy was a good 'ol boy who would jump into a scrap for us if we needed and always walked around his property to make sure everything was secure. Unfortunately, it didn’t matter.

The thieves cut the power and 2 reinforced padlocks. When they couldn’t kick their way in, they drove through the dual metal door frame sliding locks. The bumper clearance was high, so it must have been a large truck. It destroyed the side of the cooler.

When I say they took everything, they took everything. Stainless industrial cooking hood, cookware, stainless shelves, racks, gummies in molds, bulk bags of gummies, retail packs, liters of distillate, kilos of CBD and Quest dehu. They took all the molds and the dryings racks. I guess I should be thankful they left the mini greenhouse plastic covers for us.

Are we going to call the cops? Nope. Too much distillate. Cameras with battery backups got zapped when they cut the power. The dogs must have been going crazy. Do I blame the land owner? Nope, he hates people on his property and we go back a long time together. We never had people there on purpose. If the thie(f)ves were recognized, he would shoot them on sight. Did my partner let something slip? That I don’t know.

I do know the packaging that we had in there and it’s not hard to run it back up the supply chain. I’m pretty good at sperging out with OSINT and can technologically make someone have a very bad time in person and online because of it.

So what do I do now? Fix my buddy’s cooler first. It was just a Craigslist panel cooler that I can source and rebuild again. Maybe turn it into a fungus lab for him. Am I doing gummies ever again? Ehhh, too soon. I am just really disappointed that we were doing so well with med patients and customers and are back to literally nothing from this venture.

6 Likes

Man people really suck……

Sounds pretty well planned that’s for sure.

5 Likes

Sounds like someone he knew at first glance… sorry to hear this, that fucking sucks… I wish lethal booby traps were legal

9 Likes

Is it possible it was the cops?

I thought I got robbed once and found out it was a raid shortly after

10 Likes

No weird smells, clean wooded property. Only 2 vehicles and the owner’s vehicle going in and out, so never trap customers. Only unmarked brown boxes going in and out. Everyone has a clean record. My guess is that it was not a bust, but the more public facing member who let something drop.

1 Like

This just means they haven’t been caught…

3 Likes

Sounds like the person knew of the rewards behind the door and either did it himself or had some people hit your spot.

Sounds like an inside job. Sorry

11 Likes

You’ve heard of Grubhub delivery? I just got a pig’s head in a bucket delivered to my business at 6:45 on a Thursday.

I do prefer prevenge, but revenge does feel pretty sweet.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about this, my friend…
One of my biggest fears.

How aggressive is the dog to strangers?

If you need a temporary plug hit us up.

4 Likes

No game cameras hidden in the trees?

4 Likes

And a care package… :pray::heart:

Sounds super personal…

1 Like

It is wooded and yes, my buddy hunts. They only got headlights from a large truck with trail cams.

And yes a care package. Not a “zoo poo” care package. Homeboy isn’t answering my calls from trap numbers, VOIP, Google Voice or signal.

I should call his mom to make sure he is ok.

1 Like

I’m sorry this happened. Heads up to all other future4200 members, we are in the heart of a recession (depression on anything cannabis related) and it’s the holidays. This truly is the grimiest part of the year when it has to deal with business, be careful out there

15 Likes

Need to get yourself a few ovcharkas on the property…

Would have been a nice dinner for them.

5 Likes

I would have loved that, but the Shepherd mixes are caged/chained when they aren’t running/feeding/hunting with their dad.

1 Like

Guineas + dogs that protect them and you will have some high alert property in the future. I plan on Guinea egg farming for there alertness + flavorful eggs (a must try)

Maybe some emus too. More birds the happier my stomach. Pigs can sniff but never seen them alert.

4 Likes

Homeboy just got home drunk as a skunk and driving like a dumbass. My buddy here can drive him under the table with dabs.

EDIT: Got my liters and cash back and the name and address of the crackhead that stole my stainless with no bodily harm or “props” used, although I like head cheese.

First order is to fix my buddy’s cooler. Second order is to punish crack heads.

16 Likes

So was it an inside job?

3 Likes

Fuck yes.

Given the circumstances, he voluntarily gave me PII for him, his wife, his kids, and his crack head employee, so they are under my watch for perpetuity. They best not cross my path ever again.

4 Likes

dont go to prison over gummies.

4 Likes