Growing help for others (add your own knowledge for others to learn as well)

Thats a good idea, scaffolding on rollers that can go between the tables :+1: :+1: :+1: Thank you for that, it will dramatically changes how i design a room lol.

5 Likes

really tall scooters :joy::man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Start half-strength and work your way up. Spray right before the lights go out. A kelp, AGT-50 and calcium foliar at transition is the best thing you can do for yield and structure.

5 Likes

I need an agt-50 sample please!

3 Likes

Nice, I didn’t see the last topic people are talking about but its good to have a central thread for grow help. Best thing I think ive seen about this site is people’s willingness to talk about the problems they’re having and get advice. Back in the day people would flame you for admitting you didn’t have a perfect no-problem grow.

Anyway! I had alot of fun with the Septoria thread so if anyone else has a request for a Know your enemy and/or Know your friend entry id love to do it!

7 Likes

Thank you, any info shall be taken & archived here for all as a “ gro-info” thread.

3 Likes

You just need to make a watering wand watering can. I can reach the furthest pot with ease.

2.5 gal watering can
Male to male hose attachment
3/4" tubing
2x hose clamps
Watering wand

I have a pic of ot deep in my phone. Another migraine day, so the pics gonna have to wait.

5 Likes

Another from @Gregory

1 Like

Speaking to my inner self

5 Likes

Is it a myth that you actually waste more water with soil than hydro? :thinking:

Speaking of my inner self

commando6

4 Likes

I feel that’s due to user error, keep your resi filled with water & brew when need to, run aromixer to keep o2 flowing in water to stay oxygenated. With how I run my setup I don’t have to clean my feed resi as often as well as soon as I’m done watering I setup for next feeding & brew it till next watering. I feel it’s mostly over watering & wasting your feed water, when all you have to do is keep it covered & within the right parameters & not go past 2-3 day storage time for use of certain feeds in solution.

Dwc I feel you can be a little more expendable with it as you’re circulating, only time you loose volume is when they intake it or you spring a leaky. I don’t believe your air movement : exhaust cfm (unless you have a super low volume setup. Which in most cases dwc is 5 gal + each unit.

2 Likes

I need more likes!

I’ll be back with them!

4 Likes

You can also do this: reservoir, $60 sump pump, garden hose, garden wand, take off the spray head on the garden wand, go to hardware store, get npt-pvc adapter, extend wand with pvc pipe to desired length.

6 Likes

I NEED MORE LIKES DAMNIT IF I HIT DA BUTTON 1 MORE TIMES IM GONNA EXPLOSIONS

But in all seriousness this thread is becoming great

:joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

It probably needs more light than it is currently being provided. They don’t like to be moved all of the time either. The most common reasons for an orchid not reblooming is lack of light (remember don’t place in direct light, and be careful not to rot the roots by overwatering

4 Likes

It’s in a veg room off to the side, so I think it’s getting enough light?

And I give it a dunk when it feels light, so I think I’m not over watering it.

Do they need a certain light schedule to initiate flowering?

Also, thanks for the reply!

Here’s the plant, and in the second pic I circled the bud that has come out. It started months ago, but I’d say the past 6 weeks it stopped growing.

2 Likes

The roots look good to me, and that’s definitely a flower spike. It needs decent indirect light, and I would say that it’s getting enough light. But the foliage looks great, I would say that from all appearances it should throw out that flower spike. I was growing the orchids when I was living in FL. I never tried growing them inside other than when they were flowering. You should be able to flower a Phalaenopsis 2-3x’s a year in a “normal” year.

3 Likes

It’s got another little bud forming too. Imma keep on doing what I’m doing fer sure, the roots keep going and it is growing new leaves pretty quick. Honestly, if I get this bad boy to flower again, I’ll be more proud of that over any of my ‘other’ plants.

Again, thanks for the reply. I needed some confirmation my baby is doing ok haha.

3 Likes

For fighting bugs, spray the second lights turn off, try and hit everything within 15 min. Their pores are still open and will close up after 15-20 min of no light. If your doing beneficial foliar spray, i would spray 5 minutes after lights turn on, and dim ur lights to 10% enough for u to see, and spray away until u hit everything.
Half hour later turn on the air circulation to max and then 10 min after that slowly raise the light intensity again. This mimics the morning dew.

Spray every 2 days if u have a bug problem (until week 2 of flower).
Spray beneficial everyday if u can (until week 3 of flower, depending on the spray).
But a good rule to go by is 2 “bad” sprays needs to be followed by atleast 1 “good” spray before u do more “bad” sprays

7 Likes